Fuel Economy & Emissions Talk about the mileage database, EPA, hypermiling, gas and driving strategy.

Mileage Data spreadsheet

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Active Enthusiast
Wink Mileage Data spreadsheet

Attached is an Excel spread sheet I use to manage the cost of ownership of my Prius. I use it to compare my savings over my previous car (Audi A4). There are two pages to the book, the first tracks milage and expected service dates, and the second page keeps track of the overall cost of ownership. This is a work in progress, so please feel free to use it and comment.

Enjoy.

Attached Files
File Type: xls
Gas Milage.xls (55.5 KB, 748 views)

Last edited by Douglas; 01-09-2005 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Douglas:

___I have downloaded the SS twice in the last 3 hours and it doesn’t appear to have any data in it? Is this supposed to be for our use? It doesn’t quite fit everyone else according to its format?

___And do not forget to post that tank data

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 01-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Active Enthusiast

Yes the spread sheet is blank, and is for everyone's use. All you need to enter are the date, odomoter, gallons used, cost, and MultiFunction reading, and it does the rest. The first row is intended for your starting date (of purchase) and initial milage.

Cheers, Doug

Old 01-10-2005, 09:00 PM
Site Founder

Hey, Douglas, you trying to undermine the Real Hybrid Mileage Database?

If you like, perhaps you can assist in integrating some of those equations into our database of 3.1 million miles so that the community can take advantage of this.

Old 01-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

of course - NOT -

I created this spread sheet some time back when I was investigating the real cost of ownership of my car (at the time an Audi A4 2.8L Quattro). What I found out was that the Prius would save me enough $$$ over 10 years, that I could buy another one with the savings. The conculsion was the the Prius was a free car if I kept it 10 years!

Cheers, Doug