Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

The Black Variant of Death and Rammstein

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 08:29 AM
Active Enthusiast

BTW, the evrymod is also called the 5$ mod, because it's dead cheap and works wonder!

I'll put a black cap on the potentiometer so it's stealth. B)

As you an see I like it stealth.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

How does your mods affect emissions?

Old 08-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Active Enthusiast

No emission on diesel vehicules!

I still have my cat and 2 mufflers, so it's still reasonable...

We don't have any emission testing here in Quebec.

I can tell you that the car doesn't smoke unless I really get on it or that the Evrymod is on (it's only on when needed B) ).

Old 08-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

But you don't actually KNOW what your mods does to emissions? There must be some downside, why wouldn't the car be optimized from the factory? It would be interesting to get your car tested for NOx, particulate matters and other emissions.

Old 08-15-2004, 02:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Rammstein:

___What Johanerlandsson meant wasn’t black smoke but a huge increase in NOx and PM over the stock TDI. The VW TDI’s are already rather dirty compared to any SI ICE sold in the US other then other diesels in the PM and NOx department. The mods themselves are more then likely creaming its already shaky emissions or VW would be programming the ECU’s for maximum power/performance/fuel economy right off the dealers lot. VW does have a legal obligation to meet a certain EPA requirement and I would think VW has programmed the ECU to meet the minimum at least. Any mods afterwards would probably fall below those minimums and VW would be liable for an expensive recall and possibly a hefty fine if they tuned their TDI’s for maximum (place your attribute of choice here) like those chipping or other mods you have discussed.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 08-15-2004, 10:05 PM
Active Enthusiast

For sure there is this equation:

The more soot, the more carbon, the more NOx....simple as it gets.

But, but but less CO2 than any of you guys will produce.

Think about that.

I might kill Montreal by creating more smog, but gassers kill the earth by regecting more CO2 contributing to green house effect.

I'd rather kill Montreal.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

I'd like to point out that I emit more than stock levels when my Evrymod is on.

The injectors are from a Euro TDI producing 110 hp and therefore the difference in emission is minimal.

Old 08-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Johanerlandsson and xcel, no car is optimized from the factory performance and economy wise: there's always something to change to get more.

Car manufacturers make cars for everybody, not for the economy freak, not for the guy who buys a diesel.

If you want one of those, you have to make it yourself.

It's what I'm doing.

In a few years I'll have a 4 wheel drive diesel vehicule having the performance of a V8 with the economy of an Insight.

With the ability to "smoke" anybody I want also...

Old 08-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Less CO2 than prius?

Old 08-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Flare:

___Yes, it can output lower CO2 then a Prius or Prius II if it receives better fuel economy. This is CO2 only, not CO, NOx, PM, or HC. Even the latest 2004 Honda Accord Saloon’s 2.2 L iCDTi Euro IV spec’ed diesel emits ~ 5 X more CO, 25 X more HC, 50 X more NOx, and an almost infinite amount more PM then the PZEV rated Prius II. After the mods and given the age of Rammstein’s TDI, his is probably another order of magnitude worse then these numbers making it a horrific emitter by comparison to today’s PZEV standard.

___A side note on the above. The European based Toyota Corolla Verso (I hope I spelled it correctly and got the right car) CAT-D green diesel tech is closing this huge emissions gap rather quickly. PM and NOx traps are doing a bang up job to bring the latest and greatest clean diesels in line but at an expense.

___Rammstein, CO2 from a SI ICE like the Insight emits far less CO2 then your TDI. Insight’s simply have too much of a fuel economy advantage for you to make up. Unless that is you are running pure Biodiesel vs. our 10% ethanol mix. In that one case, your CO2 emissions are basically environmentally neutral or as it’s close a 100% photosynthesis recycle minus the farming, cracking, and transportation emissions. I don’t have a number on that but it is probably located at Biodiesel.org if you would care to look it up.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: The Black Variant of Death and Rammstein

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands