Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

Hello all!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 10:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Hello all!

Hello all. I thought that I would just pop in, say hello and introduce myself.
Im 33 years old, currently live in Columbus, OH and work in a car plant.
My interests range from golf, motorcycling, racing (Im a big fan of F1, Moto GP and supercross; I used to like NASCAR but its gotten kind of lame lately) and sports in general (mostly football and college basketball but I do enjoy watching baseball sometimes).
I also have a interest in Japan, studying the Japanese culture and language. By no means am I fluent in Japanese but I do know enough to get by, although Im always trying to learn more and get better at it. My love of Japan really grew out of my love of Japanese cars, motorcycles and snowmobiles. When I was younger, it seemed like all the best stuff came from Japan, so I wondered what made Japanese stuff the best and I began to study Japan and their culture. It was always part of the plan to make a sort of, "pilgrimmage" to Japan someday to see where all these companies that I love started, so I figured why not learn to speak Japanese too? I feel like I may get more out of it if I can interact with Japanese people on their level and with their language, instead of being just another tourist who expects them to speak my language.
Currently, I drive an '07 Toyota Camry (I4, automatic) which will likely be replaced by an Accord Hybrid in the next year or 2. I drive almost 100 miles a day right now, so I feel like in the long run, the hybrid is worth the added cost at time of purchase. It seems like Honda's claim of 50 mpg is legit, so in the long run, I feel like its worth it over the standard 4-cylinder Accord. Not to mention the tech of the Accord Hybrid is just really cool.
Anyways, thats me.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Default Re: Hello all!

Welcome to Green Hybrid...... We have a rather eclectic group here so you should fit right in. I happen to like old American iron, American tools and American firearms with a few German ones thrown in. Daily drivers are Toyota's and Honda's.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hello all!

Thats cool. I honestly like anything with an engine in it. I actually grew up in a family who only drove Fords, so I have a lot of experience with American cars; I just happen to prefer Japanese cars and bikes.
Heck, even my golf clubs are Japanese: Mizuno.