Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

My decision to purchase a Ford Escape Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Enthusiast
Default My decision to purchase a Ford Escape Hybrid

I am from Cary, NC and just purchased my Ford Escape Hybrid on 9/4/06.

Firstly, I really thought a lot and researched the hybrid vehicle concept. I like the idea of not hearing the engin at stops and quite feel of driving electric. If every one drove electric, I would drive with my windows down more often... so I can breath refreshing air, and not someones exhaust! And of course saving fuel and my money at the pump!

It came down to would it be practical for me. I have two kids, 8 and 6, and I pretty much drive them all around town from soccer to basketball, to dance, to gymnastics, to school and the pool and back home and in between thoes fast food drive thrus... whew.... But we do have a wild hair moments in the winter where grab all of out ski gear and head to the slopes. I can confirm that the Ford Escape Hybrid fits a pair of Vokel 193cm skies! So for the in town driving, fuel economy is great on the hybrids..., but I really need the space for the ocassional trips. Plus I down sized from the Chrysler T&C, which I loved, but, it was getting old and the fuel economy was poor. The T&C had been my mini home with all of the kids stuff for the last 8 years... so to downsize from that to a Civic or Prius was not going to work. Plus, I love the tinted windows that are only available off the lots for SUVs and Vans... not sedans... I am not sure of the reason... some national rule..?? We looked at the Lexus hybrid also, but for the money and the lack of features (the same ones I had on the T&C) it was not worth it for me... plus I really need a kid friendly car... meaning, if it got a bit dirty I won't loose my cool!

So, I purchased the Ford Escape Hybrid for the following reasons: T&C was dying and getting old (oh I got my monies worth), space, tinted windows, fuel economy, ...and mine just happens to have leather seats! The space availabel and fuel economy for the sticker price made it FEH the right choice for me!

Pern

Old 09-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Engineering first
Default Re: My decision to purchase a Ford Escape Hybrid

Welcome to the club!

Originally Posted by asproelich
I am from Cary, NC and just purchased my Ford Escape Hybrid on 9/4/06.

Firstly, I really thought a lot and researched the hybrid vehicle concept. I like the idea of not hearing the engin at stops and quite feel of driving electric. If every one drove electric, I would drive with my windows down more often... so I can breath refreshing air, and not someones exhaust! And of course saving fuel and my money at the pump!

. . .
I test drove a Ford Escape hybrid and enjoyed it. You are definitly in for a treat.

Bob Wilson

Old 09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: My decision to purchase a Ford Escape Hybrid

Hello, and welcome to the GH!

If you haven't, feel free to read the FEH FAQ (Link in my signature), which has a lot of good tips and explainations.

Feel free to make use of our site, and participate in our forums!