Introductions Electric Vehicle Forums welcomes you to the community. Please, tell us about yourself!

New Pennsylvania Prius Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Pennsylvania Prius Owner

Hi all,

Name is Ed and I live in the Lehigh Valley, PA. Just picked up my (our) new 2006 Toyota Prius in Silver Pine Mica on Thursday, April 20th. It was ordered on February 15th.

I'm playing with the tank of gas provided by the dealer. We have driven about 100 miles and are running at about 45 mpg at the moment. Had a first for us today on the consumption screen. First time we filled an interval at 100 mpg. Not sure how I did that but I'll take it for now.

Again Hi all.

Ed

Old 04-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Re: New Pennsylvania Prius Owner

Welcome to GH!

Free free to look around, use our forums, and ask questions.

Most importantly, enjoy!

Old 04-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Welcome, Ed! Enjoy the new car! Take a good look around the forums and watch that mileage rise!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Happy Hybrid Owner

Don't seem to be many Priuses down there; we just returned from a trip to Baltimore, down I-81 from NY to Harrisburg then I-83 to B'more, and on the WHOLE TRIP (including two days in B'more, doing a lot of driving around), we saw only two other Priuses - one in York and the other in B'more. I was really surprised; there are so many here in Ithaca! It was kind of neat though, because both of the other drivers actually waved to me. You weren't by any chance in York on Sunday afternoon, were you? I was wondering if either of the drivers I saw was a member of GH.

Anyway, enjoy your Prius!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:53 AM
Engineering first
Thumbs up Re: New Pennsylvania Prius Owner

Originally Posted by ed&hisprius
Name is Ed and I live in the Lehigh Valley, PA. Just picked up my (our) new 2006 Toyota Prius in Silver Pine Mica on Thursday, April 20th. It was ordered on February 15th.

I'm playing with the tank of gas provided by the dealer. We have driven about 100 miles and are running at about 45 mpg at the moment. Had a first for us today on the consumption screen. First time we filled an interval at 100 mpg. Not sure how I did that but I'll take it for now.
Welcome to the club!

When you get around to it, you may want to put your car in the GreenHybrid database. Just enter each fill-up and you'll soon see how you're doing relative to the others.

Also, when you are ready, we have a FAQ to share some of the techniques that folks have figured out. Then in the Prius Forum, we've got a lot of folks willing to answer questions.

GOOD LUCK!
Bob Wilson

Old 04-24-2006, 11:37 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Congrats on the new car! I hope it's everything you were hoping, and welcome to the forum. There's a lot of information here and tons of friendly people ready and even eager to answer your questions (although most of your questions will have already been asked, so there's no need to wait for answers, just do a search and see what pops up). Good luck with the Prius and welcome again.

P.S. I read on this forum that there's a rebate on hybrids in Pennslyvania- that's fantastic! I just wanted to be sure someone told you about it, because someone said their dealer had not.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:48 AM
YA RLY.

Originally Posted by ed&hisprius
Hi all,

Again Hi all.

Ed
Where in Lehigh do you live? I used to work at Lehigh University in the manufacturing engineering/Enterprise Systems Center. Nice place. Love the big hill the university buildings are on.

I miss PA

Old 04-24-2006, 03:34 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sledge
Where in Lehigh do you live? I used to work at Lehigh University in the manufacturing engineering/Enterprise Systems Center. Nice place. Love the big hill the university buildings are on.

I miss PA
Just over the mountain from Lehigh. As a matter of fact, my wife and I often walk from here to Mountain Drive by Lehigh's athletic fields and then up to the Mountaintop campus (used to be Beth Steel Research Center) and back.

I did graduate work at Lehigh back in the late 70's in Psychology.

And to the rest of you, thanks for the welcome. Leahbeatle, I am aware of the $500 rebates in PA. Right now they are on hold but expect to be available again in July. With the six month window, I will qualify. Sweetbeet, there more Priuses in this area seemingly every day. First day with the new Prius and we pulled into a parking lot at the supermarket. Looking for a safe place to park, we spot our car's twin down the end of an aisle. So we parked right next to it!

Old 04-26-2006, 03:53 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'll be driving my Insight up to Allentown Sunday, so if you see me on the road, give me a big wave :p I see at least 2-3 Prii a day and none ever wave at me

Old 04-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Enthusiast

I'm up in the NW corner of PA.
I almost bought an Insight (had been looking at them since 2000!) but finally decided on a Prius. I work with two other Prius drivers....so on any given day, our office parking lot may have more Prius cars on it than the local Toyota dealership!