GreenHybrid Interactive Hybrid Car Resource
Home Discuss Articles Compare Share Shop
GreenHybrid.com   Hybrid Car Forums   Tech Information   Mileage & Specs   Photo Gallery   Buying Guide  
GreenHybrid Mileage Database - Click here to track your MPG! Join Hybrid car discussions today - Create a FREE GreenHybrid Account

Go Back   GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Ford Motor Company > Ford Escape Hybrid
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2013, 12:37 PM
Enthusiast

Hybrids: Ford Escape Hybrid
Default 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid wont crank, wont start, no anti-theft light

my escape hybrid had all the doors locked (did not lock it), i had to manually unlock the door and when i put the key into the ignition no lights came on. It would not crank over or start, no anti-theft light was on and was not blinking, no lights came on at all, no sounds of any kind either. decided to disconnect the battery under the hood for about 10 minutes and when i checked the escape after that there was no change. i let it sit over night and in the morning it started right up. what could cause this? i would hate to have this happen again. Went to a ford dealer to hook it up to diagnostic machine but they said if there are no indicator lights on then no code would show up at all. please help.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:30 PM
Cheapskate

Hybrids: 2006 FEH AWD
Default Re: 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid wont crank, wont start, no anti-theft light

One obvious recommendation would be to check the condition of the 12V battery. When that goes marginal, it can cause very odd and non-obvious symptoms.
Old 07-05-2013, 11:30 PM

Tags
08, 2005, 2008, anti, attempt, crank, escape, ford, hybrid, light, mariner, mercury, start, theft, won, wont