2009 Ford Escape Hybrid HVAC not functioning properly

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 02:10 PM
Enthusiast
Default 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid HVAC not functioning properly

My 2009 Ford Escape Limited Hybrid Electronic HVAC controls are not functioning properly. When I turn on my vehicle and try to turn on the heat using the auto control button on the driver side I heard a clicking noise coming from underneath the drivers dash board. The heat does come on so it's not the blower motor but does not come out of the right vents. Also I tried to turn on my window defroster as well as my floor heat and neither one works properly. Again the heater does blow hot air but no air comes out of the defroster vents or floor heater vents. I am thinking my HVAC blending actuator is bad but not 100% sure. Any help or ideas would help greatly.

Old 12-09-2016, 02:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid HVAC not functioning properly

First thing to do is replace the blend doors if you are hearing strange noises similar to a coffee pot or clicking. It's time consuming, but relatively easy. There are plenty of videos online. They're a common mode of failure for the ventilation system. I think there are three in the dash, while you're in there you might as well do them all. I think they're about 30 a crack.