Anyone installed an aftermarket outside temp gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Anyone installed an aftermarket outside temp gauge?

Originally Posted by CANiHaveGasCash
Your interior makes me drool. That nav system is so much cleaner than the stock one. How well does it function with the stock radio?
The NAV replaced the stock radio, it is AM/FM/CD/CDR/DVD & mp3 all in one unit with an integral high power AMP. It also has a backup camera.

I recently sold that 05 FEH & bought a loaded 06 FEH with only 4000 miles on it. The new one has the awful factory NAV/GPS in it. I will probably replace that with another Eclipse unit soon.

~John

Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

I did the little cheap thermo from an auto parts store and am not really happy with it. The supplied velcro only works for a couple weeks before it falls off every day with the heat from the sun. And the backlight that's on it is useless because it drains the little AAA battery too much.

The temperature is also grossly inaccurate (compared to a bank's temp display, it was off 20 degrees one time).

I'd really like to see someone make a small self-contained device that we could power off the car battery. With a nice LED that doesn't need a backlight because it's constantly lit.

Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xpl0re
The temperature is also grossly inaccurate (compared to a bank's temp display, it was off 20 degrees one time).

That is totally caused by the sensor placement. I have a cheapy Radio Shack thermometer in my camper & it is very accurate but it is all dependent on sensor placement. I had to move the sensor a few times, in the first location I had it, it was grossly innacurate.

~John