Buzzing/Clicking noise behind dash

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Buzzing/Clicking noise behind dash

I'm still having the problem with the clicking sound, louder now and a new symptom, same as leoashton describes about the drivers side not getting heat.

Noticed it on a longer drive with my wife... I seemed to be getting cold air from the top and bottom vents so I asked my wife is she was cold, and she said she was cooking over there... we felt the vent output, and the passenger side was blowing hot air, while the drivers side was blowing cool air... all while the HVAC was set on auto, and passenger side temp control was off.

All signs are pointing to that LH temperature blend door being the culprit.

Going to try to get to the dealer in the next couple of weeks... will update with what they tell me.

Cheers,

Darren

Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

If they just "free up" the sticking blend door you may have the problem with it that I am having now after the repair. I'd do all I could to get them to replace any defective part. If I get mine in soon I'll also report any news...

Originally Posted by deemac
I'm still having the problem with the clicking sound, louder now and a new symptom, same as leoashton describes about the drivers side not getting heat.

Noticed it on a longer drive with my wife... I seemed to be getting cold air from the top and bottom vents so I asked my wife is she was cold, and she said she was cooking over there... we felt the vent output, and the passenger side was blowing hot air, while the drivers side was blowing cool air... all while the HVAC was set on auto, and passenger side temp control was off.

All signs are pointing to that LH temperature blend door being the culprit.

Going to try to get to the dealer in the next couple of weeks... will update with what they tell me.

Cheers,

Darren

Old 05-21-2009, 05:39 AM
Enthusiast

Okay, so mine was doing it pretty often when I had AC/Heat on and finally one day my LED AC/Radio display went out and now I can't get the clicking to come back. They are ordering the parts now, when it gets fixed I will let everyone know if I can duplicate it again.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

My 2008 Escape has made this noise from day one. I brought it to the dealer and got the 'could not recreate'. It seems to have nothing to do with the outside temp, the heat or the a/c. My noise is completely random. It will do it for 30 minutes of an entire trip or it may do it for 2 minutes and stop. I've posted about this before too. To me it sounds like a PC hard drive 'thinking'.

Last edited by Sascol; 08-31-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine only makes the noise after or while the AC is being used. In fact, the noise can occur hours later if the AC was used at all that day. As I can go for weeks without using the AC I've confirmed the relationship in my vehicle, but have no idea what the sound actually is. I recently had a blend door replaced for the drivers side, so not sure yet if the noise continues.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Enthusiast

So I finally got the car in for service... the blend door motor was replaced... not due to the noise, but due to a heat or cold only on one side of the car issue...

The noise is now gone (for now), so for me it looks like it is the faulty or soon to be faulty blend door motor that is the issue.

Cheers,

Darren

Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Active Enthusiast

That is the exact same problem I had, initially they just "freed up the door" but then had to replace the motor on the drivers side. I am still having an issue with once the temp in the cabin gets to the set temp the passenger side gets warm while the drivers' side stays freezing cold... be sure to check and see if this happens to you. I would imagine these are the same motors they are replacing in the rear battery cooling system.

Originally Posted by deemac
So I finally got the car in for service... the blend door motor was replaced... not due to the noise, but due to a heat or cold only on one side of the car issue...

The noise is now gone (for now), so for me it looks like it is the faulty or soon to be faulty blend door motor that is the issue.

Cheers,

Darren

Old 08-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leoashton
If they just "free up" the sticking blend door you may have the problem with it that I am having now after the repair. I'd do all I could to get them to replace any defective part. If I get mine in soon I'll also report any news...
Darren - where was your noise coming from? Mine sounds like it is in the dash just behind the radio (I do nto have the nav system).

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

A lot of cars/truck with electronic temp. doors have had this problem.
My chevy did the same thing.

Mark

Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sascol
Darren - where was your noise coming from? Mine sounds like it is in the dash just behind the radio (I do nto have the nav system).

Same place... sounded like a hard-drive, didn't matter if hvac was on or off, or any other settings for that matter...

Cheers,

Darren

Quick Reply: Buzzing/Clicking noise behind dash

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands