Did the battery blend door actuator replacement today

Old 10-18-2012, 02:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Did the battery blend door actuator replacement today

I replaced my HV battery blend door actuator today. I had been getting the periodic unexplained/no code 'Service Soon' message/wrench light for the past week since purchasing my '05 Escape Hybrid. I used the procedure and pictures at https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ENseUVCdjR1VFE and everything went quite well. It took about 1 1/2 hours from taking the first trim piece off to closing the back door when I was done. Got the actuator from Rockauto for ~$20. I'll see if that stops the wrench light. If not, I'll set up my newly acquired ScanGaugeII to track down what's throwing the code since the normal 'scan' for codes shows nothing, even if I check while the wrench light is still on.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: Did the battery blend door actuator replacement today

Good job. That actuator is a POS. The cheapo spring brushes inside do not maintain a positive electrical contact.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:59 PM
Enthusiast

Has the "service soon" and wrench disappeared after replacing the blend door actuator? Do you have a part number for the battery blend door actuator? I cannot find it from the Rockauto catalog. Only found the AC blend door actuator. Is it the same thing? Many thanks.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by magichero
Has the "service soon" and wrench disappeared after replacing the blend door actuator? Do you have a part number for the battery blend door actuator? I cannot find it from the Rockauto catalog. Only found the AC blend door actuator. Is it the same thing? Many thanks.
This cured my 'service soon' and wrench light. Have not had it once since then (last fall). The part you want is DORMAN Part # 604219 - Battery Cooler; Controls A/C Blend Door. You can put "dorman 604219" in Rockauto's search box and it will find it.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post248688
"Do NOT use the Dorman unit. Junk. Nylon pinion gear strips and is not a good design."

You might want to research this before using the Dorman part.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM
Enthusiast

What is the Ford Part # for it? Thanks.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by us035976
This cured my 'service soon' and wrench light. Have not had it once since then (last fall). The part you want is DORMAN Part # 604219 - Battery Cooler; Controls A/C Blend Door. You can put "dorman 604219" in Rockauto's search box and it will find it.
Good to hear that the problem disappeared. I will buy the part and install it tomorrow by myself. Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...tml#post248688
"Do NOT use the Dorman unit. Junk. Nylon pinion gear strips and is not a good design."

You might want to research this before using the Dorman part.
Can you please recommend a part number?

How about TechSmart/A/C Heater Blend Door Actuator #G04004? Anyone used it? It is a hybrid model not sure if it means for hybrid car.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...3_634702_18453_

Old 07-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

For my 2007 it is 8L8Z-19E616-E.

It's a $20 part. Why risk going with aftermarket?

Old 07-11-2013, 09:03 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
For my 2007 it is 8L8Z-19E616-E.

It's a $20 part. Why risk going with aftermarket?
I got the replacement part from local Ford dealer today. Installed it by myself. It took me about 2 hours but most of time I was struggling to get the 3rd screw out. The installation of this part itself was really simple and easy. It is interesting to note that the "service soon" and wrench sign did not disappear immediately after restarting the vehicle. It disappeared after we drove the car out to highway about 40 miles. Tried to stop the car, shut down the engine and restart it again. Repeated over 5 times and the "service soon" and wrench sign did not appear anymore. I am keeping my finger crossed to see if this solution permanently fixed the problem.

It may also be worthy to tell you that local Ford dealer quoted over 8 hours of labor for replacing this component. Lol ... I do not know what they will be doing in the rest 6 hours. Maybe they can play Angry Bird on iPad?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Did the battery blend door actuator replacement today

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands