Extend your ESP warranty

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Extend your ESP warranty

Thanks to Ray Martin, who mentioned that he extended his 2005 FEH warranty to 2015! He wasn't sure it was OK to post online, and I noticed a lot of people wanting the information.

I contacted the dealer, and confirmed that it is OK to post contact information on line. Hopefully it is OK to post here in the forum. Ford rules prohibit the dealer from advertising, but other people mentioning it is fine. The following contact points are scrambled to prevent SPAM.

Basically, he needs to know model type and year, AWD or FWD, and current warranty status, plus the odometer reading.

This program extends your current ESP contract, and is cheaper if you are less than 80% through your contract mileage. From what I can tell, you can't buy ESP once the current contract (factory or ESP) runs out.

Contact Troy Deitrich

tdietrich [at] fordofgreenfield.com

call

The question as to "do I need it" is a personal preference, and not really a part of this discussion. I myself have already gotten back the money I put into my 100K / 7 year ESP, and then some. The FEH has some expensive parts that are unique to this model.

EDIT: I think one can get the ESP after the warranty has run out, but it requires a dealer check up on the vehicle. But call to confirm!

Last edited by stevedebi; 09-21-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extend your ESP warranty

Thanks Steve.

In my original thread I should have mentioned that ANY Ford dealer can sell the extended, extended warranties. But, they don't want to budge much on the price. When I bought my first extended warranty through this dealership, I called the dealer where I bought the car to see if they would match. They couldn't even come close. Their loss.

So, bottom line is, everything is negotiable. If and when I ever buy a new car, I won't even talk to them about the ESP - I will call this guy first.

Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: Extend your ESP warranty

I emailed that person yesterday(late) asking for info.