Extreme cold and Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extreme cold and Power Steering

Originally Posted by LynchMob
Temperatures here tonight were -13F (-42 with wind chill) with lots of drifting and blowing snow.

I had no problems during two 10 mile highway trips over a one hour period, but after restarting the FEH after about 10 minutes for a short run for some chinese food I lost power steering. The service wrench appeared and in the info screen it said service power steering. After coming back from my buddy's house it was back with no errors; the temperatures were the same. If anything the FEH was colder....it was slower to warm up and the info display struggled to flip messages.
I had exactly the same issue on 1/24, except air temperature here was only like -4F. I took it by a dealer that was nearby and they said everything checkout out fine. A week and a half later and it hasn't resurfaced yet.