FEH 2006 correct thermostat

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 PM
FEH 2006 IN EL SALVADOR
Default FEH 2006 correct thermostat

Hello
I got an error code 128 that say that thermostat is faulty.
Researching I found that two motorcraft part no. fits the car.
the RT 1194 and RT1193, but they are different, and I want to remove the old thermostat only until I have the replacement in my hand.

THe links in amazon are:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-RT-...ar=1&carId=001

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-RT1...ar=1&carId=001

Also I want to know if the gates thermostat is a fair replacement since In my country I can get a replacement in any shop, but need to have the correct part no. If you have it or know where i can find it please let me know. I have read that the wrong thermostat can give problems. My FEH is not going into electric mode too often, only after 15 minutes of warmup and after that I can not stablish a pattern when it goes in to electric or not. maybe it is the thermostat.
I wait for your help and knowledge.
Regards

Last edited by webcorrecto; 05-28-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:50 AM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: FEH 2006 correct thermostat

Originally Posted by webcorrecto
Hello
I got an error code 128 that say that thermostat is faulty.
Researching I found that two motorcraft part no. fits the car.
the RT 1194 and RT1193, but they are different, and I want to remove the old thermostat only until I have the replacement in my hand.

THe links in amazon are:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-RT-...ar=1&carId=001

http://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-RT1...ar=1&carId=001

Also I want to know if the gates thermostat is a fair replacement since In my country I can get a replacement in any shop, but need to have the correct part no. If you have it or know where i can find it please let me know. I have read that the wrong thermostat can give problems. My FEH is not going into electric mode too often, only after 15 minutes of warmup and after that I can not stablish a pattern when it goes in to electric or not. maybe it is the thermostat.
I wait for your help and knowledge.
Regards
The '06 FEH Workshop Manual doesn't list the part number but try this site http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/...y_rt-1163.html as it has spot to enter your VIN which "may" help you get the correct part.

Old 05-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Check the required temperature rating of the thermostat. Keep in mind that this engine design is used across many cars besides the FEH. So there are likely several thermostats that "fit." I'm wondering if the electronics controls are far more sensitive to the proper operating temperature than with non-hybrid applications.

So make sure the part number you select is listed for the hybrid application and for the year of your FEH (looking up by VIN should do that). The year of the FEH may make a difference since Ford did change their software with the 08 model year I believe. Whether this affected the operating temp or some other facet of your FEH I don't know. Mine's an '06 model year and I've had nothing like this come up.

Old 05-31-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
The '06 FEH Workshop Manual doesn't list the part number but try this site http://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/...y_rt-1163.html as it has spot to enter your VIN which "may" help you get the correct part.
Exactly, your VIN is what a dealer uses now to get the correct Part Number. If the part number has been replaced by a different part with a different part number, you can use either part number to find an aftermarket part. I strongly recommend he replaces his thermostat with a Ford OEM part to avoid possible problems with a generic part. I've been there and done that and I only use generic parts when I have to.

There are many Ford Dealers who sell at a discount on-line that do a search with a VIN for the right OEM part. They often provide a phone number so you can call them direct with your VIN number and order the part. Some of these dealers can be paid through PayPal for a 2.9% fee they charge at the selling price. This should work for people out of the Country also.

GaryG

Old 05-31-2011, 08:44 PM
FEH 2006 IN EL SALVADOR

Thanks guys, according to the website the correct part is 4Z8575B with the plastic housing, and the thermostat only is rt1193, the difference I can see is that the gasket is an oring, and maybe the size is different.operating temp is 190f, I reviewed stant website just to check and I see that the part is 48708 and is rated to 180F , 10° less, so I agree about using original parts.How often is it supposed to be replaced?
Regards

Old 06-01-2011, 06:19 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by webcorrecto
Thanks guys, according to the website the correct part is 4Z8575B with the plastic housing, and the thermostat only is rt1193, the difference I can see is that the gasket is an oring, and maybe the size is different.operating temp is 190f, I reviewed stant website just to check and I see that the part is 48708 and is rated to 180F , 10° less, so I agree about using original parts.How often is it supposed to be replaced?
Regards
The manuals show the basic number of 8575 for "all" Escapes be that Hybrid, I4, V6, etc.

You replace them when they fail. Most often they stay open and your engine won't warm up. I had one where it warmed just enough so the engine would go into closed loop at a traffic stop but went open loop at speeds during cold weather. Would have never caught it without using a scanner one day.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

In the early 70s I had one stick shut. Everything worked fine until I was halfway to somewhere and the radiator cap started lifting on overpressure... almost ruined a whole day as I was halfway from anywhere!