FEH Driving School, who's going and when?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default FEH Driving School, who's going and when?

Over the weekend, I got the letter from Ford about the FEH driving school. I called the 800 number, but they're only open to registrants during the week.

I called today, and got in, I'm going on Saturday, 2:30 pm session.

Old 09-12-2005, 12:00 PM
Default Re: FEH Driving School, who's going and when?

Report back. I'd be interested to hear how they are run and what they say and now it corresponds to the tips given out here.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Tell them to just put all the info on a website and let us read it.....

Chris Brown

Old 09-12-2005, 02:34 PM

Just got my invitation in todays mail. To far for me to drive to Dearborn for them to inspect my FEH though. Would like to go if it was closer.

A good idea would be to print the minutes of the meeting with the question and answers included. I would pay for a copy myself.

Also, if someone could tape the thing, send me a good copy of the tape, I will get it transcribe and send it out for cost only. Any takers? My wife is a Court transcriptionist and if she can hear it, it would be word for word.

I would like those issues where some claim their best MPG has been 22mpg when my worst has been around 29 with the A/C on max most of the time.

I did see where Consumer reports recommended the FEH at 26mpg but ragged on the other Hybrids for not getting close to EPA numbers. I have no problem exceeding the FEH EPA numbers myself if I try. Although the A/C stays on MAX around town this summer.

Old 09-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Owner
Smile Re: FEH Driving School, who's going and when?

Got mine today. I called in and will be in the 11:30 session on Saturday.

Sadie

Old 09-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by GaryG
A good idea would be to print the minutes of the meeting with the question and answers included. I would pay for a copy myself.

Also, if someone could tape the thing, send me a good copy of the tape, I will get it transcribe and send it out for cost only. Any takers? My wife is a Court transcriptionist and if she can hear it, it would be word for word.
Nobody's going to be able to provide a tape for you. The lady told me that they're not allowing recording equipment of any kind, video or audio. Cameras, Camera Cell-phones, PDA's, Blackberries, etc. And we're going to have to sign some kind of agreement/waiver as well.

I'm going to take a notebook and a pen, and I'll do what I can, and definately report back.

Or maybe I'll just use the driving tips to get even better milage, then next year sell the secrets to the highest bidders, giving me ample time to get my milage even higher above the rest of the 4WDers. (Joking)

Old 09-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

Got mine today too. I'm with you Sadie, Saturday 11:30.

I plan to drive out from NY, but if gas keeps going up over the next month, I may reconsider.

I'm wondering what to do with my mobile phone... they said cameraphones wouldn't be allowed.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Enthusiast

2:30 on Sat the 8th.

Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

I got my confirmation e-mail today, with a FAQ which include:

Q. How long will I be at the event?
A. The formal event will last three hours, but we suggest you arrive 15 - 20 minutes before your assigned session to register. Additionally, we have a few surveys for you to complete before you receive your gift bag and depart the event.

Q. What is the inspection you will be conducting on my Escape Hybrid and who will be conducting it?
A. This inspection will only be conducted on Ford Escape Hybrid owners’ vehicles. The goal of the inspection is to check for items which will affect fuel economy. Examples are tire pressure, engine air filter, tire wear patterns which might indicate alignment problems, etc. The inspection will be conducted by Ford Certified Technicians.

Q. Will I really have the opportunity to talk directly with a Ford engineer?
A. Yes, you and your guest will have the opportunity to talk directly with a Ford engineer during the interview portion of the event.

Q. Will a Ford engineer really ride with me in my vehicle (or Ford’s vehicle) and act as my fuel economy coach?
A. Yes! You must be 18 or older to participate as a driver in the drive activity. No one under 8 years of age will be allowed to ride as a passenger in a Ford supplied Escape Hybrid.

Q. Will food and beverage be provided?
A. Yes, limited snacks and beverages will be served.

Old 09-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi All:

___I do not know about the particulars but you can bring 1 guest as well as yourself, right? If so, are there any individual drivers headed to the event that would mind if I tagged along as a guest? I have been on Ford’s E-Mail list in regards to the Escape HEV program forever but I was not one to receive an E-Mail invite to the “Experience” … Probably due to lack of an Escape HEV in my drive but I still want to go

___Thanks in advance.

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Quick Reply: FEH Driving School, who's going and when?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands