Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience

Old 08-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience

The folks at Ford have asked that I pass on to you the following unique opportunity just ahead of expected national publicity. They will be monitoring your responses on this website but if you would like to be added to their short list immediately just respond to me by email or post a positive response here and I will pass you on to the right folks.

Ford Escape Hybrid Owners and Hybrid Enthusiasts – Ford Motor Company is please to present a unique opportunity…

The Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience: Learn to Optimize Your Fuel Economy with the Escape Hybrid Development Team

The Escape Hybrid development team, designers of the first American-made hybrid SUV, would like to invite you and a guest (and your Escape Hybrid if you own one) to attend an exclusive, invitation-only, limited participation event where you will interact with the people who designed the Escape Hybrid.

With gas prices skyrocketing, everyone is trying to get the most from a gallon of gas. Now you and a guest can learn how to maximize your fuel economy in a special up-close-and-personal experience with the engineers who created the Escape Hybrid. During this behind-the-scenes three-hour session at Ford Motor Company, you will:

· Meet with Ford engineers, including Mary Ann Wright, Director of Sustainable Mobility Technologies and Hybrid Programs, to discuss the Escape Hybrid and its fuel economy

· Attend a classroom presentation with Escape Hybrid engineers, during which you will learn techniques to help maximize your fuel economy as well as participate in a Q&A session with the Escape Hybrid Team of Subject Matter Experts. Many of the techniques you will learn will apply to a conventional vehicle, while others will apply only to Escape Hybrid

· Experience a short drive in an Escape Hybrid through the Dearborn area with a Ford engineer as your fuel economy coach. You will even have the opportunity to ride in the original fleet of Escape Hybrid development vehicles!

· While you will be experiencing the drive in an Escape Hybrid, the techniques demonstrated will help anyone maximize their fuel economy while driving any vehicle

· Get a sneak peek at the new Mercury Mariner Hybrid, as well as Ford’s upcoming family of hybrid vehicles

· Participate in the future development of Ford hybrid products, by providing feedback to the hybrid engineering team

· Receive an Escape Hybrid gift bag

Where: A restricted location in the Ford Motor Company complex, Dearborn, Michigan. Specific location and directions to provided via a confirmation email that will be issued upon event registration.

When: Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9. There will be 3 sessions per day, each lasting approximately 3 hours with a limited number of participants in each rotation. Slots will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Invitations will begin arriving in homes and email boxes in mid-September. There will be a registration phone number included.

Maximize Your Experience - Travel Planning

The Escape Hybrid development team looks forward to your visit to Dearborn. Please note that in order to drive during this event you must be 18 or older.

Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) is the closest airport to Dearborn, MI. The event location is approximately 15 minutes from the airport in Dearborn.

There are a variety of hotels, restaurants and tourism attractions in and around the Dearborn/Metro Detroit area. Please check www.visitdetroit.com or call 1-800-Detroit for useful travel planning resources.

A highlight in the Dearborn area is the collection of museums and experiences offered at The Henry Ford, America’s Greatest History Attraction. Witness the celebration of the innovation of manufacturing in America during the Ford Rouge Factory Tour — where history and the future merge. The tour consists of five unique components, including: a Historic Driving Tour, Historic Footage Viewing, Assembly Plant Walking Tour. Also included in the Henry Ford are Greenfield Village, and the Henry Ford Museum. Learn more at www.thehenryford.org.

Old 08-31-2005, 07:06 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience

Hi Sdctcher:

___Long time no hear and welcome back!

___I have been waiting to hear the details on their technique(s) class for quite some time. Do you think one of the Escape HEV design engineer’s can teach me a thing or two about hypermiling in the Escape HEV? I have never actually driven an Escape or upcoming Mariner HEV(s) in my life but I do have a few tricks of my own design up my sleeve

___I was actually hoping to give a few of the Escape HEV engineers a hypermiling clinic of my own and discuss in a one on one what Ford is doing right with the Escape HEV program and what they are doing wrong in regards to fuel economy across the rest of their lineup. If the clinic as posted is all they have to offer however, I would be willing to head on out to Ford’s proving grounds for a little fun in Motor City … If I am not of the caliber they are interested in, tell Mary Ann Wright and Zafer Shaikh I said hello.

___While you are at it, mention that I am waiting patiently for news in regards to their progress on the possibly PZEV capable Meta-One and a Tier II/Bin5 capable Focus C-MAX with the urea injected SCR and DPF. Also mention that I believe the Euro based C-MAX with the PSA co-designed 1.6 L TDCi and the tall 6 speed is quite capable of a sustained 100 + mpg over a tank with the latest techniques … If that 12.1 gallon tank (US or Imperial?) is capable of holding 14.5 US gallons on a top off, I think she might be worth another world record

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 08-31-2005, 07:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

Good to hear from you also Wayne and Congrats on your world records mileage. I wish I could have helped prove it out also on the FEH but other things interfered.

I am trying to help Ford get in directs touch with FEH owners or enthusiasts. If you can get on the list and get there I am assured you may well be sitting next to Mary Ann.

We hope this is the first of a series of regional events. I wish they had started in LA or SF but they are staying close to home in Dearborn so the Hybrid Team will not have to take much time off work. The first series of invites will be out to the 12,000+ current FEH Owners, then the 750 Purchasers of the Hybrid Mariner, then the 72,000 people who have expressed interest in purchasing a Ford Hybrid in the past few months. I encourage anyone who can get there, Just Do It. You may well learn enough to increase mileage or tell the engineers how to change the product to increase mileage.

I so wish I could be there.

Personal note Wayne: CalCars.org would like to chat with you. They are the plug-in people who have also produced a 100 MPG Prius and they need your input to move the plug-in movement forward.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:37 PM
Hybrid Ambassador

Oh if I only had the funds! I would love to go to the biggest candy store an auto lovin' girl like me could hope for! I would love to participate but it looks like I'll have to wait till they come to the West coast. I would however LOVE to be on the list for future news & opportunities!
Thanks SD for helping spread the word and thank you Ford for my very sweet Escape "Electra" being only 2 months old we are still learnng to crawl to hypermiler status but I know we will get there.

Old 08-31-2005, 11:20 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Sign me up. Being a local pays off. Heck, I'll probably know half the people there.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast

I think I already broke the code on hyper miling. In about 4 more tanks I should be sitting at the top of the list.

Old 09-01-2005, 11:19 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by ggoede1
I think I already broke the code on hyper miling. In about 4 more tanks I should be sitting at the top of the list.
Maybe I should hold you to that.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Oh wow. I read this post on the Ford Escape site earlier this morning! I would have responded on this board instead of the Escape board if I had known. Either way, I'd love to go.

Old 09-01-2005, 12:46 PM
FEH Advocate

Originally Posted by bar10dah
Oh wow. I read this post on the Ford Escape site earlier this morning! I would have responded on this board instead of the Escape board if I had known. Either way, I'd love to go.
Not to worry Bar10dah, Mike Maline <sdctcher> is the same poster at both sites.
FYI - Mike also happens to be founder and moderator of the Yahoo FEH Group.

It will be interesting to read the lessons-learned posts from attendees of this event.
Wish I could go, hopefully I will get on the list for when they come to our area.

Old 09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Mike! How are you...? I do hope all is well. You can sign me up for this, am having pretty good luck with my MPG right now, but any help sure wouldn't hurt. And, I would love to get a look at the Meta One (maybe they will have it). You take care, and continue on with the fantastic job you do, as always.

-April

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Escape Hybrid Fuel Economy Experience

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands