Ford TPMS reset tool

Old 04-15-2009, 07:55 AM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Ford TPMS reset tool

can you explain in details how to use the 8C2T-1A203-AB
I have aset of mag for summer and aset of steel wheels for winter both set equiped with sensors, bought a 8C2T-1A203-AB but there is no instructions with it
Thanks
Francois

Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford TPMS reset tool

Originally Posted by frmichaud
can you explain in details how to use the 8C2T-1A203-AB
I have aset of mag for summer and aset of steel wheels for winter both set equiped with sensors, bought a 8C2T-1A203-AB but there is no instructions with it
Thanks
Francois
Do a Google search on "8C2T-1A203-AB" and you will find lots of instructions. Here's one link http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=102615

Old 04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks
Francois

Old 04-15-2009, 07:00 PM
Active Enthusiast

Very nice find, thanks.

Old 05-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Enthusiast

Where can I find instructions for re-learning the tpms on my 2005 Expedition? I had to install a new sensor and now the light wont go off. I used a K-Tool to check all the sensors are giving off a signal. And the air pressure is correct. Please help.

Old 05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Enthusiast
Thumbs down Re: Ford TPMS reset tool

johncena:

Here is copy of information to set tps on ford vehicles, it works for my 2008 Escape Hybrid, should work on your ford also.

Originally Posted by FTE
LINK
Sensor Training (Reset Procedure)

NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by wheel and tire rotation.

NOTE: The tire pressure sensor training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency (RF) noise.

RF noise is generated by electrical motor and appliance operation, cellular telephones and remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.

1.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.
3.Press and release the brake pedal.
4.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.

6.The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if train mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center displays "TRAIN LF TIRE", place the magnet on the valve stem of the LF tire pressure sensor. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the TPMS module.
7.Within two minutes after the horn sounds, place the magnet on the valve stem of the RF tire pressure sensor.
NOTE: If the VSM (TPMS module integral to VSM) does not recognize any one of the four tire pressure sensors during the tire training procedure, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT" and the procedure must be repeated.

8.Repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.
When the tire training procedure is complete, the horn will sound once and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE TRAINING MODE COMPLETE"

Old 05-15-2009, 03:30 PM
Enthusiast

Also you must drive vehicle a couple of miles so tps is on, then do reset within 30 minutes before tps goes to sleep.

Old 05-16-2009, 06:07 AM

Nice, but before the 2005-2007 people get excited. The TPMS on those models is wrapped around the rim... it is not on the valve stem, so I doubt this works for those models. How do I know its wrapped around the rim? Theres a picture in the manual somewhere and when I had my tires changed the guys said they had a heck of a time getting the inner tirewall to clear the thing.

Originally Posted by HiCap
johncena:

Here is copy of information to set tps on ford vehicles, it works for my 2008 Escape Hybrid, should work on your ford also.

Originally Posted by FTE
LINK
Sensor Training (Reset Procedure)

NOTE: The tire pressure monitoring system is not affected by wheel and tire rotation.

NOTE: The tire pressure sensor training procedure must be done on a single vehicle, in an area without radio frequency (RF) noise.

RF noise is generated by electrical motor and appliance operation, cellular telephones and remote transmitters, power inverters and portable entertainment equipment.

1.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
2.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.
3.Press and release the brake pedal.
4.Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
5.Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the RUN position three times, ending in the RUN position. Do not wait more than one minute between each key cycle.

6.The horn will sound once and the TPMS indicator will flash if train mode has been entered successfully. If equipped, the message center displays "TRAIN LF TIRE", place the magnet on the valve stem of the LF tire pressure sensor. The horn will sound briefly to indicate that the tire pressure sensor has been recognized by the TPMS module.
7.Within two minutes after the horn sounds, place the magnet on the valve stem of the RF tire pressure sensor.
NOTE: If the VSM (TPMS module integral to VSM) does not recognize any one of the four tire pressure sensors during the tire training procedure, the horn will sound twice and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT" and the procedure must be repeated.

8.Repeat Step 7 for the RR and LR tires.
When the tire training procedure is complete, the horn will sound once and the message center (if equipped) will display "TIRE TRAINING MODE COMPLETE"

Old 05-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Enthusiast

As far as I know, all Ford tpms are put on around the wheel, not on air valve. That is what the Ford tool is for, to make the wheel mount Ford TPMS talk to the computer in your vehicle.

We can be thankful that Ford used such a simple system, and sales a tool for the DIY person at a low price. If I had a Toyota, I would need to take it to dealer (service charge) to reset TPMS after rotating the tires.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by HiCap
As far as I know, all Ford tpms are put on around the wheel, not on air valve. That is what the Ford tool is for, to make the wheel mount Ford TPMS talk to the computer in your vehicle.

We can be thankful that Ford used such a simple system, and sales a tool for the DIY person at a low price. If I had a Toyota, I would need to take it to dealer (service charge) to reset TPMS after rotating the tires.
Hmmm I wonder why they have you put a "magnet" on the valve stem. If its an internal wrap around it would seem to be an odd instruction.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford TPMS reset tool

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands