Gentex Rear View Mirror with compass and Temp

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 03:55 AM
PML
Enthusiast
Default Gentex Rear View Mirror with compass and Temp

I just bought and had a Mercury dealer install the Gentex mirror - with homelink, compass, and temperature - When I left the dealership - the temperature read 10 degrees warmer than my mercury milan - that night - it stayed hot too - this morning its about the same as outside temp.

What I am looking for is the instructions to install the mirror - and where to put the Temperature Sensor - and even if possible how long the wire is for that - or is it built into the glass of the front window where they attach the mirror - ? Any information would be helpfull so I can tell the dealership what to do - or what they did not do - as I have not seen the instructions for instalation.

I have a Mercury Mariner 06 Hybrid - its a wonderful SUV too with about 9,000 miles- I change the Oil every 5,000 miles - not what the manual says to do at every 10,000 miles

Thanks for any suggestions -

PHIL

Old 11-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: Gentex Rear View Mirror with compass and Temp

I think your answer is in this thread: https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...erature+sensor

On most vehicles the sensor is located somewhere behind the front bumper but ahead of the front wheels and to the side.

Old 11-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Gentex Rear View Mirror with compass and Temp

Originally Posted by PML

I have a Mercury Mariner 06 Hybrid - its a wonderful SUV too with about 9,000 miles- I change the Oil every 5,000 miles - not what the manual says to do at every 10,000 miles

Thanks for any suggestions -

PHIL
Any reason you choose to change the oil so frequently? It seems unneccessary to most owners of Hybrids and is even considered a financial benefit in terms of cost of ownership along with brake pads....especially those who drive in the city. Remember, the engine runs far less frequently than those in a traditional vehicle thus the longer interval between changes. I'm not saying its bad, just that it seems like a waste of time and oil.

Old 11-29-2006, 03:14 PM
PML
Enthusiast
Default Re: Gentex Rear View Mirror with compass and Temp

I have relocaed the sensor down to near the front license plate - its hidden - now the readings are correct - the dealership put the sensor behind the radiator - inside the engine compartment - no wonder - its warm there - heated air from the radiator - any way - problem is solved- Thanks !

PHIL