High-Voltage Battery Air Filter

Old 11-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Question High-Voltage Battery Air Filter

Hey folks,

Time to replace my high voltage battery air filter. Can anyone post a part#...other than the Ford OEM part. Any aftermarket filter part#'s? I seem to remember something about a motorcycle air filter fitting in there. Just not wanting to shell out $$$ for a filter if I don't have to (and I can get something that is of the same quality).

Thanks.

Nate

Oh....I have a 2005 FEH...one of the first generation design.

Old 11-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: High-Voltage Battery Air Filter

Read the sticky "Air and Oil Filter Thread" above and it will have all the info you need. There is a Motorcraft part number, for example, that most of the online auto parts warehouses can reference.

You might want to be a little careful on what you put there, though. My service advisor told me that they had a very expensive warranty claim denied by Ford for a dirty (caked) battery air filter. Ford may have reason to deny any battery warranty claim if they see a non-Ford filter installed.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Active Enthusiast

I agree with Don 100%. Why screw with the warranty over saving a few bucks every 20k miles? Buy the correct Ford part online, buy a few oil filters and air and gas filters while you are at it (to dilute shipping costs) and you will save a bunch.

Don't fall for the K&N spiel - it just isn't worth it in the long run.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Enthusiast

I get mine at O'Rileys. Here are some cross part numbers

H/V Battery Filter

Purolator - C25571
Motorcraft OEM - FP51
Wix - 24477
NAPA - FIL 4477

Old 01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndyBob
I get mine at O'Rileys. Here are some cross part numbers

H/V Battery Filter

Purolator - C25571
Motorcraft OEM - FP51
Wix - 24477
NAPA - FIL 4477

Thanks Bob,

I've been looking for this information. I printed it out to keep with my owner's manual.

Rich
05 FEH 4wd

Old 01-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

It is ILLEGAL for Ford ( or any car manufacturer ) to deny warranty service for using non-OEM filters or parts.

The burden of proof is on FORD to prove you intentionally caused damage. You do not need to prove anything.

Also, a dirty battery air filter will not harm the battery pack. This is impossible, so the claim below is BOGUS.

Dirty air filter = the battery pack gets less outside air for cooling.
As soon as the battery pack hits 85 degrees, the air door closes and by-passes the filter completely. Then, the Air Conditioner turns on and chills the battery pack from the inside. Without use of the filter... the filter is out of the loop.

No harm to the battery pack, just this will lower your MPG a bit.

See how knowledge is power when you go to a stupid dealership???
Sounds like this dealership was telling a "tall tale" to scare you, and or rip people off.

Originally Posted by D-mac
You might want to be a little careful on what you put there, though. My service advisor told me that they had a very expensive warranty claim denied by Ford for a dirty (caked) battery air filter. Ford may have reason to deny any battery warranty claim if they see a non-Ford filter installed.

Last edited by gpsman1; 01-24-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: added quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just snaged a K&N on ebay for like $25-30 shipped, given that the paper one runs $15-20 I just got paybay in like 15-16 months
I keep checking the store to see if they post more so I can link them, but they haven't yet. And yes it was brand new, still had the K&N plastic bag sealed around the filter. And I did have to trim the rubber to make it fit.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I just snaged a K&N on ebay for like $25-30 shipped, given that the paper one runs $15-20 I just got paybay in like 15-16 months
I keep checking the store to see if they post more so I can link them, but they haven't yet. And yes it was brand new, still had the K&N plastic bag sealed around the filter. And I did have to trim the rubber to make it fit.
What K&N part number did you get? I've had a saved search on eBay for "YA-1602-U" but did not see one at that price.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
What K&N part number did you get? I've had a saved search on eBay for "YA-1602-U" but did not see one at that price.
I found it with that # "YA-1602-U", but at a store. Does a saved search search store listings?
It was from store "ridenow" Not sure if they'll have any more, I haven't asked.