Hybrid Battery Discharged Below 40% Threshold

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Hybrid Battery Discharged Below 40% Threshold

Yes, I do have many spare parts. However I do not have the spare battery. That is already gone. We wil be parting out the original FEH that my daughter had the front end collision in.

No engine or tranny spares and no front end nose or fenders or hood. But doors, rear hatch are in excellent condition (light silver in color), Leather interior, wheels with tires and pretty much everything else is available.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:41 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Thumbs up Re: Hybrid Battery Discharged Below 40% Threshold

Wow... being offline for a couple of months and reading this thread all in one sitting was like reading a cheap paperback novel.... Mystery, turmoil, suspense, and an unexpected ending!

I have to admit I thought you were screwed.
But you have taught us all that batteries can be swapped without reprogramming. I have known of many batteries being changed, but did not know if or when reprogramming was needed.

Congrats. How does it drive now several weeks later?
-John

Old 07-07-2015, 08:28 AM
Enthusiast

Hi gpsman1,

Thanks for the kind words. My daughter is very happy with the car overall. Of course there were other unrelated initial issues, like the inverter not working and charging the 12volt battery, and vibration in the driveshaft, etc. Solved all those with easy fixes like plugging the orange cord in better from the inverter to the eCVT, and reposition the matched and balanced driveshfts correctly. She has it registered and only a couple problems left to resolve.
Failed emmissions due to the Code P2004. Related to the Intake Manifild Runner Control. I had already replaced the IMRC solenoid valve as it was broken from the accident. I am wondering if I have the vacuum lines on the wrong ports? Not sure it should make a difference with such a valve? I am trying to figure out how to trouble shoot it. Seems to me I should see the rod move back and forth freely when driven by the vacuum actuator motor.

Also the shifter lever seems very vague about staying in the proper position. I adjusted the cable so that the lever was pointed in the right direction at the tranny when it was in the proper shifter lever position. That helps a little bit, but it seems more related to the fact that the detents and the botton on the shifter don't seem to be very strong. I am wondering if the condition was there before we bought this SUV to accept the motor. It is the same tranny in the car still, so in theory no adjustment should of been necessary.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

The shift lever detents in my 2005 are not very solid feeling either.

In fact my shift lever will come out of park (to any position) without a key in or without your foot on the brake. I have been in no accident and it has been like this for as long as I can remember. At least 8 years. Maybe since I bought the car new.

Thankfully the steering wheel locks without a key in so it would be hard for someone to push it away.