I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Woohooooo! They updated the tax credit info today and finally included the '08 MMH and FEH. We get $3489!!!! Combine that with the federal credit and we should have a tax refund of $5689 relating to our MMH purchase! We cleaned up last year too with $4700 (combined) on the HCH. Who says it doesn't pay to be green?!?

http://www.revenue.state.co.us/fyi/html/income09.html

Old 12-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Wow, and I thought Oregon was generous, with a $1500 credit. Congrats. I'll need to let my buddy in Boulder know about the huge credit.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Active Enthusiast

In Indiana, they are hoping to start waving license plate fees starting next year to hybrid owners. Thats around 300.00 per year.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
N/A

OMG that is so weird. I looked today at about noon and the FYI notice was still dated 11/07 and the Escape wasn't there. Now it's there.

I wonder why they just show one credit and not one for FWD and another for 4WD as in other years.

Regardless, it's all good. For a middle class person like me with no other credits (i.e. no kids), $5000 ++ really takes the sting out of that $28200 purchase price I had to think so hard about last March.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:16 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

In Colorado you cannot get a higher refund than your tax liability for that year. In 2005 I was entitled to $3200 from the State of Colorado, but only needed to "pay" $880 in taxes for 2005 since I was a college student at the time and only worked part time.

So I got all $880 back, and payed $0 in Colorado Tax that year.

The good news is, the balance, $2330 rolled over for the next year.
You can "carry over" this particular credit for up to 5 years.
-John

Old 12-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kristian
Woohooooo! They updated the tax credit info today and finally included the '08 MMH and FEH. We get $3489!!!! Combine that with the federal credit and we should have a tax refund of $5689 relating to our MMH purchase! We cleaned up last year too with $4700 (combined) on the HCH. Who says it doesn't pay to be green?!?

http://www.revenue.state.co.us/fyi/html/income09.html
Excellent! If I read Rhode Island's tax credit correctly, I will get a $300 credit from the state.
What can I say, small state=small credit!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
In Colorado you cannot get a higher refund than your tax liability for that year. In 2005 I was entitled to $3200 from the State of Colorado, but only needed to "pay" $880 in taxes for 2005 since I was a college student at the time and only worked part time.

So I got all $880 back, and payed $0 in Colorado Tax that year.

The good news is, the balance, $2330 rolled over for the next year.
You can "carry over" this particular credit for up to 5 years.
-John
We just got a $2,600 check last year instead...that beats a roll over any day.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:23 PM
N/A

Unlike the Fed program, it's the gift that keeps on giving. This will basically zero out my tax bill for both this year and almost all of next year.

I'm not sure, but this must be the most generous program in the US. We are fortunate.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

That's awesome. Also let's not forget you have the highest per capita microbrews in the US!

Go Broncos!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brady
That's awesome. Also let's not forget you have the highest per capita microbrews in the US!

Go Broncos!
I'm pretty sure that title goes to Oregon.

Colorado has 44 breweries... http://www.coloradobrewersguild.org/

Oregon has 58 and Portland is home to the most of any city in the world (29 last count) AND home to the largest beer festival in North America.

Microbrew is god here in Oregon!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I LOVE living in Colorado!!!!!!!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands