Low assist with good battery temperatures

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Low assist with good battery temperatures

I have a state of charge of 53 while it is crusing on the highway so that seems good and my state of charge isn't abnormally low when I start it even if it has been sitting a bit. When I am driving around I will push the gas enough to get the ammeter needle to come up but it will come right now to center quickly. If I completely floor it the needle only ever seems to go about halfway up, this seems to be true for the regen as well. No warning lights and no unusual operation other than the slightest incline now spikes up the ICE much more than usual.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. It does have 172k miles, is it time for some kind of battery rebalancing? The vehicle was offroaded quite a bit, so I think it drew heavy amps both ways a lot.