Need part #s for HVB cooling fans

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 03:46 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Need part #s for HVB cooling fans

I was researching prices for different things and think I have found the best price on the kit. http://www.royaloakfordparts.com/OEM...6Z10C659A.html

Old 09-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast

I just noticed this price is the A the 5M6Z10C659B sells for more. I wonder what the upgrade was?

Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast

That was my thought as well. I gave in to peer pressure and got the later update, but wonder if it was necessary $50 if the original version lasted 9 years or so. My MPG performance is back to what it was before the fans failed, not any better that I have detected.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:33 AM
Enthusiast

http://stores.revolutionparts.com/pa...rd/5m6z10c659b

That is where I purchased from. Shipping took about 2 weeks, which was slower than desired. At the time it was $270, which was 20 bucks lower than anything else I was seeing. It seems to have bounced up to 290 in the last month.

Thanks to everyone for pointing me in the right direction and giving advice on the installation. The biggest tip BY FAR that I used was to only remove the rear half of the battery cover. I wasted an hour trying to get off all the front bolts and almost resorted to removing the entire battery to get at the pesky side bolts. I re-read one of the forums and saw the comment about only taking off the back half, and ignored the manufacturer's instructions to take the whole cover off. You can fairly easily slide the rear half out after removing its bolts, and have enough room to work on the fans without going crazy in the process.

I followed up the fan replacement with a big road trip and was able to test the results. When the fans first failed, my mpgs dropped to 22. After replacement MPGs went up (25), but not back to what they were before the fans failed (27-28). I have since changed spark plugs, valve cover gasket (leaking oil), fuel filter, and air filters and gotten back to the 27 mpg range. A couple years driving and I should make my investment back in fuel savings.

Last edited by texas_mariner; 09-19-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:52 PM
Enthusiast

I wonder if anyone has tried to repair there old fans? Wonder if the bearings or windings go out or something like a resistor or capacitor?

Old 09-20-2016, 07:31 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slate
I wonder if anyone has tried to repair there old fans? Wonder if the bearings or windings go out or something like a resistor or capacitor?
My old fans moved freely when I turned them manually yet wouldn't budge when the vehicle was running. I saw nothing in the assembly that appeared serviceable. I was surprised how clean everything was inside.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast

Can we just replace the motor of the fan ?????

Old 06-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Enthusiast

You can buy new on eBay. I don't have part number but they were like 150 each and you need two. Very easy to install in about two hours. You do need to pull the metal top to the battery pack off to install bit not a big deal. Both of mine were dead and the car would only go onto ev mode when cold after about 30 minutes driving stopped go into ev mode. Even at stops and at night. I knew it was fans as the AC lines under rear tire were frozen. I put new fans in and drove car with top of battery off and about have way down block both fans turned on very quiet even with top of battery compartment off.as long as your AC works feel the lines rear drivers side down by wheel cold then it's fans.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:00 PM
Enthusiast

No sold as a hole piece can't just buy fans.it is molded into a plastic housing tube looks like if you tried pulling apart you would ruin their integrity of housing. Also I was surprised to how clean my pack was. The air is blown weird as the housing is the air chamber. It looks like one fan blows to the battery's and the other blows to a different set of battery's but then the air comes back thru the electronics on its way out even over the fan housing.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:55 PM
Enthusiast

the 2 fans from Ford dealer $300. and problem solved. On my case, only one did not work...
I am actually right now taking it on a road trip to Colorado, Texas back to Florida...getting 28- 29 mpg if going more than 65-70mph, but cruise control is your enemy, don't use it...slow down going up hills; if I don't let rpm go above 2000 I will get 35mpg.

but I have two kayaks on the roof...

Quick Reply: Need part #s for HVB cooling fans

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands