Noise near glove box

Old 09-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default Noise near glove box

I have noticed a weird sound near my glove box. The only way I can describe it is how it sounds when wind blows a flag on a flagpole and the rope strikes the pole. It only makes the sound when the car is vibrating or I hit a pot hole. Anyone else hear anything like it?

Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Noise near glove box

Did you put the little plastic shelf in the upper glove box? If it's not completely flush, it tends to rattle a bit.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I haven't had any noise problems there but not long ago I installed a cabin air filter and the air inlet is just above where the glove box is. Maybe you could try taking off the cover over the cabin air inlet and see if everything is tight. You might have an air leak in that area. Just a guess of course.

Good luck

Old 09-20-2006, 09:29 PM
Enthusiast

I have rattles and vibrations all over the place and they are driving me absolutely NUTS. I partially fixed the squeek, but need to put in a couple more pads. I'm going to need psychiatric hospitalization d/t the noises. :-(

Old 09-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uwaku
Did you put the little plastic shelf in the upper glove box? If it's not completely flush, it tends to rattle a bit.
There's a plastic shelf in the glove box?

Old 09-21-2006, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by everythingsgonegreen
There's a plastic shelf in the glove box?
Not in mine. Although, with no light in there either it's hard to tell WHAT is in there....

Old 09-21-2006, 06:00 PM
Enthusiast

Check that your overhead visors are in their brackets/holders. I had the worst rattle for the past week that I SWORE was in my door. I took the door apart twice and checked everything, added some stick on cork pads where I thought it might be rattling. Nothing. Couldn't fix it. Was driving me NUTS. Was prepared to cough up the big bucks to have the dealer locate and fix it.

Made my husband ride in the car with me and he says "it isn't coming from the door." (which from my seat, it definitely sounded like the door near the glove box). We start searching everywhere in the front of the car and then notice that the passenger's sun visor never got snapped back in its bracket from the last time my husband sat there and used it.

So, 2.5 hours of work dismantling my doors later, rattle was fixed in 2 seconds by snapping in the dumb visor.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by *elaine*
So, 2.5 hours of work dismantling my doors later, rattle was fixed in 2 seconds by snapping in the dumb visor.
And I am sure your husband will never mention it again, right? My wife would pick at me for weeks over something like that.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitramjr
And I am sure your husband will never mention it again, right?
He won't be toooo hard on me, since I did all the work myself and I'm the one who is handy with the tools in our house. If he teases me too much, he'll have to build his own IKEA furniture from here on out....

Old 09-22-2006, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by nitramjr
Not in mine. Although, with no light in there either it's hard to tell WHAT is in there....

I didn't get a plastic shelf in my glove box either.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Noise near glove box

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands