Noise in previously Wet Conditions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Noise in previously Wet Conditions.

I've noticed a few times after it has been raining and has stopped, that while driving there's a nice little water trickling/sloshing sound coming from the hood area near the windshiled on the passenger side.

Now because it goes away, I'm guessing that there's just a nice little pocket somewhere in that area that's holding some water, and once the water flushes itself out (in whatever way it can) everything is normal again.

Has anyone else heard such a noise, and if so, have a better explanation for what is going on?

Old 03-14-2006, 09:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Noise in previously Wet Conditions.

I haven't heard the sloshing sound on mine but I have noticed that after I park sometimes there is a puddle behind each of the front wheels, even if it isn't raining but I've used the windshield washer. Both the '05 and the '06 do this.

I never really tried to track down where the water is being held but as long as it is drainging I guess there isn't too much to worry about.

We had an inch or so of rain today so if I remember on the way home I'll turn down the tunes and listen for the sloshing.

Old 03-14-2006, 10:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yeah, I'll have to listen for it a little more, I don't hear it every time after it rains, so it might also be partially wind noise combined with the water. I'm going to try to narrow it down a little more when I hear it again and see if I can see anywhere that it might be getting held.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Enthusiast

Hi,

New to the board and have had my 2006 FEH 4WD for about two weeks now, so far I like it. I did notice this sloshing and water noise when it rains and I'm going down the road, if I stop it will go away and not return. What I think is happening is the water is trapped in the windshield wiper area and air going across the hood to the windshield is creating a vacuum and trapping the water in that area until you slow down. In my driveway I ran some water into these areas and it runs right out and onto the ground. It is neat if you like water sounds like those put you to sleep gadgets make, I don't. Maybe they have a fix?

Don