OBD Scan Tool

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default OBD Scan Tool

Hi Guys,
Can somebodyplease give me advice for affordable OBD scan tool that can read all P codes formFEH. I had Nemesis from friend and was working well, but it’s tooexpensive. Is there something good around 200 USD?
Thanks

Old 11-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Enthusiast
Question Hybrid silverado 2009 wont start after collision. High voltage crash sensor?

hello, i rebuild wrecked cars, and this my first hybrid.
I bought a silverado 6.0L hybrid 2009 that doesnt start, i will have the silverado
with me in 2 weeks or so. The silverado has a hit on the back left corner, just on the left corner light.
been reading and came acrross that instruction shown in the picture.
I believe the HVCID crash sensor was activated and car wont start.

Need to replace the HVCID sensor and reset codes.
My question is where can i buy this sensor ?
and also will i need a GM tech 2 scanner or can i use a cheap OBD2 code to clear the code on the or Hybrid power train control module.?

Attached Thumbnails OBD Scan Tool-hvcid1.png  
Old 11-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: OBD Scan Tool

Originally Posted by Mikee
Hi Guys,
Can somebodyplease give me advice for affordable OBD scan tool that can read all P codes formFEH. I had Nemesis from friend and was working well, but it’s tooexpensive. Is there something good around 200 USD?
Thanks
You might consider getting an OBDII app for your smartphone. You can get a bluetooth ELM-27 adapter that plugs into the OBD port and communicates with the app on your phone. The combination of adaptor and app will be about $50 at most.

However, none of these apps are set up for the hybrid-specific codes. The only gizmo I've heard of that reads these, other than expensive OBD tools, is the ScanGaugeII.