Oh the shame, I am distroyed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit
Default Oh the shame, I am distroyed

I had to swap cars with my wife. She took my FEH to work, I took her Trailblazer. I completly expected her to TRASH my mileage that I have been struggling to get 28 mpg with my very short trips (4 mi) and 100 deg heat. Well she gets home and starts rubbing my nose in the nav display. 47.5 mpg. The best I have ever gotten was 42 in traffic in Houston. Now she wont let me live it down. This morning " and how much did you get, what was YOUR best" ----dispicable----

Old 08-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Oh the shame, I am distroyed

Sadly we don't have the nav display, so unless we reset the computer everytime we swap it's hard to tell. But for the fist few months (only had it 3 months now) We'd play that game, let's see who can get the best mileage on the same round trip to work (We work the same place, different hours)
Most time's I'd win, but I did have an advantage of working the late shift, so no AC on the way home, and could drive a few streaches of empty road at <40 to achieve 100% EV usage

Old 08-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

For how many miles?

If she reset the display after the engine was already warm, that is cheating!
The first few miles on a cold ( even room temperature ) engine are a big disadvantage. That last few miles on a hot engine are a big ADvantage!

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
I had to swap cars with my wife. She took my FEH to work, I took her Trailblazer. I completly expected her to TRASH my mileage that I have been struggling to get 28 mpg with my very short trips (4 mi) and 100 deg heat. Well she gets home and starts rubbing my nose in the nav display. 47.5 mpg. The best I have ever gotten was 42 in traffic in Houston. Now she wont let me live it down. This morning " and how much did you get, what was YOUR best" ----dispicable----

Old 08-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

No she doesnt know how to do that, but she left me with a fairly discharged HV battery. She was cought in the everbody leaving work jam and was able to ev most of the way home. My trips of late are about 3.5 miles so more than half of the trip the ICE is still warming up.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Well she did it again, Maybe she could challenge Debbie for MPG! She came back yesterday with 42 and this had not been reset, so this was 4 trips. Really proves these cars are perfect for stop and go traffic.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:17 PM
HypoFueler

MAYBE you can try this one on her -

obviously you weigh a lot less than me and that is thats putting less load on the engine.

Here, have a brownie - I dont like to see you so skinny Honey.

Let me know how that goes

Old 08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

I am thinking about swallowing my manly pride and taking a lesson from her

Old 08-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
Well she gets home and starts rubbing my nose in the nav display. 47.5 mpg. The best I have ever gotten was 42 in traffic in Houston. Now she wont let me live it down. This morning " and how much did you get, what was YOUR best" ----dispicable----
Maybe she had her boyfriend tow your hybrid around a bit. That would add miles, with no gas (or electricity) being used.