Repl tires other than Michelin or Continental

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 03:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Repl tires other than Michelin or Continental

Originally Posted by RiverRat37
I was not aware of the Bridgestone 422's. I checked out the reviews at Tire Rack and it isn't looking all that good (there are lots and lots of reviews. I read about the first 50). You might review them before buying. Quite a few users have had both Michelin Latitudes and 422's. Of course the reviews, like all reviews, are all over the map, but too many recent negatives on the 422's for me. Let us know how it goes for you, please.

On the Tirerack survey summary the Ecopias were rated superior or excellent in EVERY category and #4 out of 20 in would purchase again.

I have these and they are great tires...better than the OE Contis and the Michelin Latitude Tours I've had on my FEH.

Old 04-19-2015, 07:37 AM

Live in Western Wyoming. Light winter this year, only 5 or 6 feet of snow on my property...

I've had good success with Geolander A/T-S tires by Yokohama. Use them on both my Escape Hybrid and my Suburban.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Active Enthusiast

River rat is a Michelin salesman and stock holder. I started this thread and labeled it appropriately to keep him and a few others away. He still doesn't get it, even after being told as much.

RIVER RAT: SHUT UP!!! Your pushing Michelins and talking **** about ALL others, and attempts to establish credibility are unwelcome on this thread. Go start your own Michelin lovers thread! (again).

All others are welcome here of course, but please stay on-topic, and don't be trying to sell something.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
I'm ready for a new set this month at 71k miles. Right now I plan on getting Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia. I've always had good results with Bridgestones on other SUV's.
Just an update, I bought General HTS as they were $200+ less than the Bridgestones, and looked good in Consumer Reports. New tires are quiet and grippy, but I seem to have lost about 2mpg compared to the OEM tires. I track mpg so I'll post back after a few more tanks.

Old 04-16-2017, 01:13 AM
Newbie Enthusiast

An update and a question...

Update: Bridgestone Ecopia 422 tires turned out to be less durable than the original Conti's. I've got ~56K miles and there's about 3/16" left on the treads (looks about right based on the good ol' Lincoln's head test). Mechanic just advised me to start looking for a replacement. These tires carried a 65K-mile warranty. So that's pretty much exactly right. I'm sure Bridgestone would call that perfect, but I kinda think quality tires shouldn't wear out exactly at the warranty mark. Whatever.

Question: What does the forum suggest for new tires? I'm looking for fuel efficiency first. My car has ~118K miles so I'm not too concerned about tire durability anymore. I may actually get another set of the Ecopia's since they're so cheap (Costco has a sale right now). But I also saw a few other models at Tire Rack and wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Continental Crosscontact LX20, Michelin Defender LTX, and Pirelli Scorpion Verde.

Thanks Guys!
-mike

Old 04-20-2017, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast

When I bought my used 06 MMH it's tiers were about worn out. I put a set of Goodyear Wrangler TrailMark Tires from Walmart. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Goodyear-...-104T/29376804
They were a great price and I liked how they looked. After having them on for a few months I am quite pleased with them. Ride is great and road noise is low. Excellent traction in rain and snow. Great in the mud. Sidewalls look aggressive kind of like Mickey Thompson Tires

Old 04-21-2017, 06:31 AM
Newbie Enthusiast

Thanks Slate! I'll look those up. Did you notice any effects on fuel economy with the Goodyears?

Old 06-26-2017, 10:35 PM
Newbie Enthusiast

Update: I replaced the old Bridgestone Ecopia 422 tires with a new set of Michelin Premiere LTX tires. The Michelin has better reviews than the Ecopia on TireRack. I've been driving on them for about 1,000 miles. So far, no noticeable difference in ride quality, noise, etc, which is not a bad thing. Just not noticeable. However, my overall gas mileage has gone down by about 0.5-1 mpg. Now it's only been about 3 tanks of gas, so I could be wrong. But generally, in the summer time, I do get better mileage than what I'm seeing now. Just thought I'd leave this update in case anyone else cares

Old 06-27-2017, 04:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

Can't speak for the tires, but the last 3 tanks I have been getting a lot worse fuel economy. This is the first summer I have had my '08, so I did not know what effect running the AC would have. So far the current tank shows about 28 mpg. My tires are not LRR.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Enthusiast

Anyone have experience with Pirelli P4 Four Seasons? They look good on paper....

Quick Reply: Repl tires other than Michelin or Continental

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands