Rev (ScanGauge type iPhone App)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Rev (ScanGauge type iPhone App)

Has anyone tried using the Rev app for the iPhone or iPod Touch with their FEH? I am wondering how many features, or any compatibility issues there might be. This looks very promising as it gives you access to that ODBII info wirelessly to your Phone/iPod (and looks very cool). The hardware/software combo is obviously more expensive than a scangauge, but if you have the iPhone/iPod already...

Rev

Old 02-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rev (ScanGauge type iPhone App)

Originally Posted by leoashton
Has anyone tried using the Rev app for the iPhone or iPod Touch with their FEH? I am wondering how many features, or any compatibility issues there might be. This looks very promising as it gives you access to that ODBII info wirelessly to your Phone/iPod (and looks very cool). The hardware/software combo is obviously more expensive than a scangauge, but if you have the iPhone/iPod already...

Rev
A quick look at this item will induce the "wow" impression. Further examination, leads one to realize this device (as it currently exists/states in the weblink) lacks a number of unique "hybrid" operating features found in the scanguage II hardware.

Old 02-01-2009, 05:52 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Rev (ScanGauge type iPhone App)

If you want something flashier than the SG, check out the DashDaq. You better plan to buy the gm-specific, ford-specific, etc licensing (about $100) to get hybrid monitoring.

I'd ignore the gps functions. That's best done with a dedicated device, like a Garmin.