ScanGauge Data Depository

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGauge Data Depository

The Scan Gauge web site lists all of the x-guages under various headings. One of the headings is "Enhanced Data" and then just below: " Ford PWM". I've tried to get the torque ( CTQ ) and fuel level ( FL ) loaded as x-guages but without success. Anyone out there have advice as to how to gain access to this data?

Thanks,
John Dixson

Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

PWM is NOT the type of codes used in the Escape Hybrid.
You need to use codes listed as "CAN".

I'm not sure on the particulars, but I think PWM is for older cars & trucks.
-John

Old 02-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

[quote=Johndixs;160568]The Scan Gauge web site lists all of the x-guages under various headings. One of the headings is "Enhanced Data" and then just below: " Ford PWM". I've tried to get the torque ( CTQ ) and fuel level ( FL ) loaded as x-guages but without success. Anyone out there have advice as to how to gain access to this data?

Thanks,
John Dixson[/quote

The FEH is CAN, so don't use the VPW or PWM codes. CTQ is not supported by the FEH. For the FEH, engine torque is PID 09CB. However, this is, I think, a scaled 2's complement value so an exact xgauge I haven't yet figured out how to do. The fuel level appears to have incorrect MTH entries, so try the following:

TXD:07E02216C1
RXF:0462451606C1
RXD:3010
MTH: 0271 0800 0000
NAM: FLV (or whatever)

This is the raw, unfiltered reading so it will change a lot compared to the filtered reading in the instrument cluster.

A guesstimate for torque is:

TXD:07E02209CB
RXF:0462850906CB
RXD:3010
MTH: 000100010000
NAM: TRQ

There is a built-in xgauge for torque that is calculated using the horsepower and RPM, but LL didn't put it in the manual due to issues with overflow and strange values displaying under certain conditions.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Carl, while I have your ear... er.... eyes...

The new "cutoff" feature always does "cutoff" ( or almost always ) whenever I go open loop at WOT.

It's not a fluke, it happens regularly. I have mine set at the factory 24, but I also tried it lower... down to 18.

TPS is 17 when coasting in real fuel cut at high speeds.
-John

P.S. The MDV and HV battery volts changed after the battery wire harness work.
How sure are we on the scale for MDV? The MTH is an unusual one.
The increments for me are 0.05v, 0.11v, 0.17v.

Last edited by gpsman1; 02-01-2008 at 02:09 PM. Reason: ps
Old 02-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thank you all. Not knowing what any of the acronyms stood for, I guessed that the CAN represented vehicles shipped to Canada, thus the alternative, PWM, must apply to US vehicles.

John

Old 02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Active Enthusiast

I met Gary Gattis today and explained to him that I was looking to use the SG II to generate a power required versus speed curve for my new MMH. The ICE shaft horsepower is readily available, and I was looking for a way to get the traction battery contribution. Traction battery speed is available, so I was looking for traction battery torque. Then its (Q x RPM)/5252 and I'm home.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johndixs
Thank you all. Not knowing what any of the acronyms stood for, I guessed that the CAN represented vehicles shipped to Canada, thus the alternative, PWM, must apply to US vehicles.

John
CAN stands for "Controller Area Network"

Old 02-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Active Enthusiast

John
For more info on auto communication protocol, Google on OBD-II, or OBD2, etc. Several methods are used. CAN is common on newer vehicles, and all our FEH/MMH use that protocol. Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) is used extensively on most other older Ford Products. Variable Pulsewidth Modulation (VPM) is a common GM product communication protocol.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Active Enthusiast

Unfortunately, not all of the guages published by Linear Logic are functional.

For instance, the first two under Ford CAN, CTQ and BAR are disfunctional.

( yes, I realize that one can revert to MAP on the basic list to obtain local barometric pressure with the ICE OFF )

Thanks,
John

Old 02-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Active Enthusiast

Unfortunately, not all of the guages published by Linear Logic are functional.

For instance, the first two under Ford CAN, CTQ and BAR are disfunctional.

( yes, I realize that one can revert to MAP on the basic list to obtain local barometric pressure with the ICE OFF )

Thanks,
John
John, The 2008 models, at least the AWD versions like mine, all seem not to be capable of reading the Traction Battery Temperature (BTM). Even some of the 05-07 model years have this problem. I haven't tried all the entries Linear Logic has posted. The one work around for battery temp that does work for me is Tav, which other folks say is pretty accurate after the vehicle has been on for a period of time. All in all, I'm pleased with the SGII-Xg

Quick Reply: ScanGauge Data Depository

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands