ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

So every once in a while I get this idea of why we don't have a thread/stickey with the SC Codes to plug in. And to up it a little what the codes should read, like normal, min, max, and special notes.

I know Carl(?) DD, has an image in the photo section I refer to, and even recently went to SG's site which is updated with most codes, so they can be found relativly easily. But to find them, and know what they should read is 2 differnt things.

Personally I'm a good follower, you give me instructuions I can read & do, but a lot of times I may not understand what I'm doing, just the final result. If I know more of what these codes mean I might be able to do better

I was thinking a xls spead sheet would be easist format. Even better would be a way to post it in open format we could all add our own notes, but not sure how to do that.

Something like this attached file:

UPDATE: 12/29/08
Small updates, Can't find the FWT code
DD Is the correct CHT listed?

I am also able to save to a htm file for easy viewing, or anyone that can't view an xls file:
http://www.geocities.com/bryanw20@sb...t/SGxCodes.htm

Attached Files
File Type: xls
SGx Codes.xls (25.0 KB, 384 views)

Last edited by 08hybridok; 12-29-2008 at 09:37 PM. Reason: added file
Old 12-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Default Re: ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

Interesting format you created. Maybe this format can be created by this forum administrators for posting in the scanguage thread.

Old 12-19-2008, 04:24 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Ideally you'd want the file in an area where people can download, but one person is responsible for corrections and has access to the file for updating. (ie., just one copy exists.)

BTW, no personal info in the file. Good job.

Old 12-19-2008, 05:58 PM

Yet you need to allow for differences due to a variety of factors: such as ethanol % in the fuel--towing loads--temperature extremes

Old 12-19-2008, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk
Yet you need to allow for differences due to a variety of factors: such as ethanol % in the fuel--towing loads--temperature extremes
That's why I'm afraid a spreadsheet would be very wide. Different years, FWD/AWD, different gas, summer/winter, etc. But maybe simply Avg the results togather, say the 3-5 (more less depending on how many results) to get an avg min/max value. Some I know are pretty hard coded like SOC, 41% is pretty guarnteed ICE off, yes it can go lower, as well as over 53/54% but not 'normaly' that's where the notes comes in. FwT I'm sure is another, 'normal' would be xxx-yyy, but 200+ is high, <32 would be bad (I assume; but guess that's why we use antifreeze/coolant not just water)

I think I'm up for the task of compiling, and updating the spreadsheet regularly, but I'd definatly need help getting figures.

I'm hoping to 'borrow' Desert Dog's, GPSMan,Gary's, etc's work to save some typing at least on the codes. (Sorry I'm bad w/ names)

I plan to compile #'s found on this board, plus what anyone wants to add/send in directly. I need to browse cleanmpg.com as well, I havn't gone to that site at all, so if anyone sees a good thread, you can PM it to me, thanks.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 PM

Just a 'bump' to show I updated the data (in the first post)

Also what is 'critical' SOC, if one were to say sit in N with the radio on, 1) will the HV batt protect it self and shut off/revert to 12V battery & 2) when is it to low to start, require a 12V jump?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

This is kind of what I was getting at / looking for with the ScanGauge Data Depository Sticky at the top of this forum.

I've posted what my car, a 2005 does, and Billy has done the same, and so have some other people.

If you wish to tabulate into a chart, then fabulous.
Feel free to utilize the Sticky we have already started.
-John

Old 12-20-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
This is kind of what I was getting at / looking for with the ScanGauge Data Depository Sticky at the top of this forum.

I've posted what my car, a 2005 does, and Billy has done the same, and so have some other people.

If you wish to tabulate into a chart, then fabulous.
Feel free to utilize the Sticky we have already started.
-John
Thanks John, that was my next step. to take in info off the board(s) and start crunching #'s
That should give me 'normal', not sure if physical max/min will be that easy, unless someone knows that xxx can not exceed yyy, and if so, how do they know this?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

The service manual ( not owners manual ) states what are "normal" values for many items, and gives min/max for certain things.

But you are right, for certain things it will be by experimentation.

Old 12-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Just a 'bump' to show I updated the data (in the first post)

Also what is 'critical' SOC, if one were to say sit in N with the radio on, 1) will the HV batt protect it self and shut off/revert to 12V battery & 2) when is it to low to start, require a 12V jump?
I would remove all the ones from the Linear Logic website. They have not updated or corrected the list in more than a year. For instance, the MxC and MxD are in kW, not amps and the scaling is .25, not .5. I posted that correction here a long time ago, but it seems to have not taken. Also, the 4WD apparently doesn't work. It was a guess on my part but I didn't have an AWD FEH to verify it. The HV current xgauge is bus-eavesdropping and is the actual current in/out of the HV battery and works correctly for both positive (discharge) and negative (charge) current.

I have had the SoC drop to 23% when working on the car before and it started fine.

Last edited by DesertDog; 12-20-2008 at 02:14 PM.

Quick Reply: ScanGauge Data, Xguage & readings

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands