ScanGauge II problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:27 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default ScanGauge II problems

I used an original ScanGauge for months with no problems in my 05 FEH.

When the SG II came out I bought one. I like the new one a lot better except I am having problems with it. Most of the time it works OK, but occasionally it gives a weird looking display & doesn't work when I start the car until I unplug it briefly & let it reset.

Yesterday when I reset it, it lost all the changes I had made(display color, engine type etc etc) & reverted to all the default settings.

I am assuming it is defective unless somebody here can think of any reason it is doing this???

~John

Old 08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: ScanGauge II problems

I use the scangauge2 on my jetta TDI and it works FLAWLESS. I have had really good luck interadting with this company you may just want to shoot their support e-mail a message and tell them what you said here.

-Dave C

Old 08-22-2006, 09:57 AM

Yea, my original SG worked flawlessly also -I guess I got a defective one this time.

I will have to contact them.

~John

Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Owner

I also bought an SG II after using the first model in my 05 FWD FEH for many months. Mine will sometimes come on , cycle thru the display colors and hang. Sometimes only the top display line shows up with line 2 blank. I just unplug the RJ45 plug from it and reseat it. This has always cleared the problem. I don't use the trip info so it doesn't bother me that much. I don't think I have ever lost any setup data..... maybe I better check...

Mike

Last edited by memphismike; 08-22-2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Technology Enthusiast

I just received my Scangauge2 also after owning the version 1 for about 7 months. I am having the exact same problem with mine, top line display only and no functioning buttons until a reset by unplugging the the connector. I have sent an inquiry to their service department. I really like the way it looks and it's functionality is the same as the version 1. I'd hate to have to return it for a refund.

Old 08-26-2006, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wbruff
I just received my Scangauge2 also after owning the version 1 for about 7 months. I am having the exact same problem with mine, top line display only and no functioning buttons until a reset by unplugging the the connector. .
Yea, that sounds like mine exactly. I hate to send the thing back because I use it daily, but I suppose I will have to.

~John

Old 08-26-2006, 08:56 AM

Hi All

I'm still waiting for the SG11 and interface unit to be available. From my conversation with Ron at SG, it maynot be ready till the end of September now. They had to increase the size of memory (64MB SD), but I think they may also be trying to fix the problems most people are having now with the first SG11. It sounds to me like a program problem and you may be able to go on line to a site to download a fix real soon. Don't know this for sure, but the girl that answered the phone at SG said upgrades should be available over the internet soon.

My suggestion is call Ron at http://scangauge.com/contactus.shtml and tell him what your problem is, and let him advise you what to do.

Also, Ron told me to send an e-mail to get on a list if your want to be notified when the interface is available. They will put your e-mail in a folder and send everyone a message back when they know the date. It looks like the interface will be an additional $99 according to Ron.

My original SG only had one problem due to being in direct sunlight. I placed a insulated cover on top of it, and it's worked fine ever since.

Good Luck with yours.

GaryG

Old 08-26-2006, 12:05 PM

Another $99????????

What does that get you??

~John

Old 08-26-2006, 06:52 PM

Hi John

The interface keeps a long history of data from the SG. It is my understanding that it has now gone to a 64MB chip that could store up to ten years of data, but a larger memory chip can be added for years and years of storage. The interface is not completed for sale and little information has been given out about it, but I understand it has USB port and memory card that data can be transferred to a PC.

GaryG

Old 08-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Technology Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jmorton10
Yea, that sounds like mine exactly. I hate to send the thing back because I use it daily, but I suppose I will have to.

~John
I have another scanguage2 on the way from Linear-Logic. Should be here Thursday. Hopefully that will be the last of that problem.

Quick Reply: ScanGauge II problems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands