So what is my FEH worth Private Party Sale?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default So what is my FEH worth Private Party Sale?

Any guesses? I have an 08 FEH, Grey, leather, nav, sunroof, running boards, sirius radio. (Not sure the other options). MSRP was 33.2K and it just turned past 10K Miles.

Any guesses what I can get for this on the private sale market?

Old 03-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: So what is my FEH worth Private Party Sale?

Check out your Kelly Blue Book price. Should have several different prices including private party. http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/

Old 03-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

You can also reference Nada, eBay and the Autotrader.com types to get a better idea.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Cool, thanks guys. I guess the question is - if gas goes back up to $4-4.50 a gallon does the value go up? I know at these sites it won't, but I presume there is some sort of premimum for the car then?

What does everyone think?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

As a wise person (I think on here) said, "It's worth whatever someone will pay for it!"

I watched prices on ebay last year. I bought my 08 in may 07, $28k all options but nav & 4wd. I watched some auctions with double tripple the mileage and fewer options sell for the same, even more than I paid for mine! Lately the seem to have droped to $20-22kish. Economy & gas I feel are the drivers of the price. I feel if gas were to jump again to the $4 mark yes your value would go up. But fear if in these times $4 gas would be devastating to the economy.

Personally I don't get it, here in OK things seem normal, we work for an airline, still makes small profits, but profits no the less, so we do live in the fear if people don't start spending again our jobs could be affected.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trekwars2000
Cool, thanks guys. I guess the question is - if gas goes back up to $4-4.50 a gallon does the value go up? I know at these sites it won't, but I presume there is some sort of premimum for the car then?

What does everyone think?
Yes - last year when the prices were very high the value of the hybrids was inflated. When I was selling my '05 I watched the price climb into the low $20k's (wish I would have sold it then but my new '09 hadn't arrived yet), then drop back down to a little over $16k as the economy crashed and gas prices plummeted.

Another site to check (and you should check multiple sites) is Edmunds.com -- there's an "appriase my car" link on the front page (near the link to "sell" a car.)