"Stop Safely Now"

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: "Stop Safely Now"

Originally Posted by Jnitty93
Okay, tomorrow morning I will try and give it a reset again. I'll disconnect the battery after that as well. Hmm didn't know a low battery did that kind of thing. It originally happened on a very hot day when my wife was driving now has been sitting 5 months while I was deployed. Thank you for the input looking for as much guidance as I can get : )
I posted for you on FB:
"I think he may have several problems, but the most important is the pack is overheating. This means it isn't going to charge or drive properly.

Usual suspects: Blend door, poor a/c, and sometimes the fans in the pack. It is going to be hard to figure out the real problem until you get the pack temperature problem resolved."

If it was a hot day; could be a hot battery pack, could be as simple as the rear AC blend door ($20 & 1-2hr fix; write up on here somewhere)
How's the cabin AC feel? I just went through a whole AC replacment as it was only cool, not cold.

Do you have a scangauge or something, can you read battery temp (TAV on the xgauge list) Over 90 = reduced battery assist, supposely over 100 = no battery assist.

not sure how that relates to running poorly tho.
Try cleaning the throttle body & maf sensor ???

may need to go as far as plugs & coils?

If you have access tonight; might just pop the battery cable off now & let it sit all night. (warning, when reconnecting and turning on, radio will be blasting static!)

Old 09-25-2016, 08:20 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I posted for you on FB:
"I think he may have several problems, but the most important is the pack is overheating. This means it isn't going to charge or drive properly.

Usual suspects: Blend door, poor a/c, and sometimes the fans in the pack. It is going to be hard to figure out the real problem until you get the pack temperature problem resolved."

If it was a hot day; could be a hot battery pack, could be as simple as the rear AC blend door ($20 & 1-2hr fix; write up on here somewhere)
How's the cabin AC feel? I just went through a whole AC replacment as it was only cool, not cold.

Do you have a scangauge or something, can you read battery temp (TAV on the xgauge list) Over 90 = reduced battery assist, supposely over 100 = no battery assist.

not sure how that relates to running poorly tho.
Try cleaning the throttle body & maf sensor ???

may need to go as far as plugs & coils?

If you have access tonight; might just pop the battery cable off now & let it sit all night. (warning, when reconnecting and turning on, radio will be blasting static!)

I had the A/C serviced not to long before this happened. The wife was saying that the A/C worked great when she got up to speed (30MPH + ) so I assumed that the problem came from the MECS pump going bad. The new one sounds way better than the old one as well. So my buddy went and got it the next day, the car drove like nothing ever happened all the way home. I do not have a scan gauge that will do that :/ Plugs I did at 100k now has 160k on it. So they should still be okay. I can tear apart the TB as well, I clean the MAF every other air filter change so that should be okay as well. Battery filter gets changed every other air filter as well. Kinda why i'm stumped, poor idle made me believe it was the PCM not working correctly.

Old 09-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jnitty93
I had the A/C serviced not to long before this happened. The wife was saying that the A/C worked great when she got up to speed (30MPH + ) so I assumed that the problem came from the MECS pump going bad. The new one sounds way better than the old one as well. So my buddy went and got it the next day, the car drove like nothing ever happened all the way home. I do not have a scan gauge that will do that :/ Plugs I did at 100k now has 160k on it. So they should still be okay. I can tear apart the TB as well, I clean the MAF every other air filter change so that should be okay as well. Battery filter gets changed every other air filter as well. Kinda why i'm stumped, poor idle made me believe it was the PCM not working correctly.

I had similar issue with my '05 FEH that had not gotten the (harness) upgrade in the HVBP after hitting a deer and getting an antler through the condenser and MECS radiator. I removed the covers to the HVBP and cleaned the contacts to the thermistors in the fan housing (the 4 pin plug vs the 6 pin plug) that the wiring harness replaces and have not had an issue with the FEH since. (over 1500 miles) even took it from Cheyenne to Denver to get the Harness to do the repair myself.

if you decide to do this you will need one 20 gallon Trash bag, and good self drying electrical contact cleaner (use the trash bag to create a drape like a surgeon around the connectors) to keep the cleaner isolated from getting sprayed places you don't want it to be.

Also of note the fans in the HVBP do not always run in normally functioning packs. they only run when the pack needs cooled/air circulated.

Best of luck.

HBP

Old 09-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HBP112358
I had similar issue with my '05 FEH that had not gotten the (harness) upgrade in the HVBP after hitting a deer and getting an antler through the condenser and MECS radiator. I removed the covers to the HVBP and cleaned the contacts to the thermistors in the fan housing (the 4 pin plug vs the 6 pin plug) that the wiring harness replaces and have not had an issue with the FEH since. (over 1500 miles) even took it from Cheyenne to Denver to get the Harness to do the repair myself.

if you decide to do this you will need one 20 gallon Trash bag, and good self drying electrical contact cleaner (use the trash bag to create a drape like a surgeon around the connectors) to keep the cleaner isolated from getting sprayed places you don't want it to be.

Also of note the fans in the HVBP do not always run in normally functioning packs. they only run when the pack needs cooled/air circulated.

Best of luck.

HBP

I meant to update everyone. Go the car the running after I reset everything and charged the HV battery. For good measure, cleaned the TB. After it was all running and what not only had two codes left and they were for the cooling fan pack. Two codes are P0A81-60 and P0A96-60. BUt everything seems to be running in good order now that I did the MECS pump and reset everything.

Old 12-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast

I have now joined the club. But my experience is a little different. I got the SSN error out of the blue in my 2008 FEH with 131k miles. With everyone else, it seems they can just pull over, wait a sec and drive. I can not do that with mine. I am pulling two codes, P1A0C and P1A10. The MECS pump appears to be working fine, I can hear it, feel movement and see movement in the jug.
I'm lost.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:48 PM
Active Enthusiast

Do you have a Scangauge II with x-gauge capability? There are functions to monitor the temperatures of the mecs system and the transaxle, that way you'll know instead of guessing at what is happening.

Old 12-01-2016, 01:55 PM
Active Enthusiast

The code appears to be from an interlock tripping to disable the system. I don't know where those are located, but that would be a place to start. There are two interlocks on the hybrid that I am aware of. They're just kinda like inertia switches. In the meantime I would see if clearing the codes will allow a vehicle restart or possible disconnecting the 12v negative cable and going so far as to clear the memory by connecting the DISCONNECTED 12v negative cable lead to the positive cable for a few minutes. Only do that if clearing the codes doesn't work since you'll lose all your learned parameters and your car may read out in degrees celcius on the climate control system for a few key cycles, never figured out why, but it goes back to farenhight after a day or two.

Old 12-01-2016, 11:30 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Paul_Cote
I have now joined the club. But my experience is a little different. I got the SSN error out of the blue in my 2008 FEH with 131k miles. With everyone else, it seems they can just pull over, wait a sec and drive. I can not do that with mine. I am pulling two codes, P1A0C and P1A10. The MECS pump appears to be working fine, I can hear it, feel movement and see movement in the jug.
I'm lost.
See my post from several posts before on how to resolve the issue, also I posted a picture to the feh group on Facebook with detailed instructions on pulling the covers to get to that connector. That resolved my SSN error 8500 miles/9weeks ago.
HBP

Old 12-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't believe that is the fix for an 08 or newer though because those components are taken out as far as I knew. It is a common harness issue on 05-07 only.

Old 12-02-2016, 12:27 PM
Enthusiast

It's not been removed, you can not remove the cooling fan temp sensors from the high voltage battery pack. What I discribe and recommend is cleaning the contacts for that sensor so the battery controller can once again tell how well the cooling system for the battery is working.
HBP

Quick Reply: "Stop Safely Now"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands