"Stop Safely Now"

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Windshield wiper fluid and "Stop Safely Now"

Originally Posted by Robyn Conger
We have had 4 instances of this situation and Ford cannot diagnose it. There are not computer codes generated. We are puzzled and frustrated............... Ford has not been able to identify the problem.
Have you actually demonstrated this problem at the Ford dealer or just made a verbal report?

The only component that might be able to do this is the Smart Junction Box (SJB). Looking at the schematic, the SJB seems to have connections to the windshield washer motor and the door locks. I would start there.

Last edited by econoline; 10-13-2014 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Stop Safely Now"

Hello, I own a 2007 FEH. I had an accident back on september 19th and the front of the vehicle had a medium damage: both radiators and condenser, fans are ok and mecs pump ok (got it replaced on july/14).
I live in Mexico and unfortunately there are a few hybrid cars around, the insurance company took a while almost two months to provide the parts. Now the shop had fix the damage but the car won´t start (I think because of the time it has been OFF). There are no person around who knows anything about hybrids, not even FORD dealer. A friend help me to get the error codes with his scanner, I would apprecciate any help, thank you.
CODES:
B1318
P0A0A
P1A10
P0685
B2293 (AIRBAG)

Old 12-09-2014, 01:51 PM

Luis, you should start a new thread about this problem so more people will see it and reply. Really has nothing to do with the "Stop Safely Now" issue.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:43 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you Don. I´ll do that.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately I´m back on this forum and in same topics. After 7 Months of no Stop safely now is the message back. I happened 24th December, when the outside Temperature dropped under ca. 25F (-5C). Car died in city after 10 minutes of driving. I disconnected the TB and after hour I started and came home. Next day temperature raise and was for a week above 30 F. This time car run without a problem. Two days ago, temperature fell on 3F and after I started in the morning, car died in 2 minutes.
I came from work and took codes from it:
P0685
P1000
P1A10
P0562

I checked and charged TB , Mecs Pump, Relays and all I knew, and tried again.
Some new messages came:
P0A27
P0A1F
P1A07
P0562

TB has one year, voltage was 11,8V
Can somebody please give me some advice?
Do I need to re flash PMC?
Thanks for any idea...

Old 01-08-2015, 04:36 PM
Feral Engineer

Are you saying battery voltage is 11.8 volts? That is almost dead.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Enthusiast

I wrote it wrong, sorry ist not the traction - hybrid, but the 12 V battery. Is the fault P0562 (low voltage) for 12V or The hybrid battery?

Last edited by Mikee; 01-09-2015 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:12 PM
Enthusiast

Hey how you doing guys, so I'm having a serious problem with my other ford now. My wife's 2008 escape hybrid had a red triangle come up while i was overseas. We were able to start the car the next day and get it home. Finally getting home and getting some research done. I ended up replacing the MECS pump, started the car and it seemed as if it wasn't running correctly. Almost like cylinders were down, like a rough idle then dies,bringing back up the RED triangle again. Well car still has the red triangle and orange wrench on bottom left of the cluster. I was able to read the DTC and there are a lot of codes that I can't really determine. I have a log that I can post. I don't really know where to go from here.. If you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome,thank you Jake

Attached Files
File Type: txt
log file liv car.txt (5.3 KB, 262 views)
Old 09-25-2016, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jnitty93
Hey how you doing guys, so I'm having a serious problem with my other ford now. My wife's 2008 escape hybrid had a red triangle come up while i was overseas. We were able to start the car the next day and get it home. Finally getting home and getting some research done. I ended up replacing the MECS pump, started the car and it seemed as if it wasn't running correctly. Almost like cylinders were down, like a rough idle then dies,bringing back up the RED triangle again. Well car still has the red triangle and orange wrench on bottom left of the cluster. I was able to read the DTC and there are a lot of codes that I can't really determine. I have a log that I can post. I don't really know where to go from here.. If you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome,thank you Jake
WOW, that's some list!

I don't know much; but I doubt it could be all those things, esp all at once.

I'd try clearing the memory by using a clear on your reader and or removing batt cable for over 5 min.
I'd also check on the 12V battery, weak, old 12V can give all kinds of weird errors.

After that, IDK, unless someone here has more input; of if you can afford to pay a Ford dealer to diagnosis...

You might also join & ask the FB group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/93606971242/

Old 09-25-2016, 07:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
WOW, that's some list!

I don't know much; but I doubt it could be all those things, esp all at once.

I'd try clearing the memory by using a clear on your reader and or removing batt cable for over 5 min.
I'd also check on the 12V battery, weak, old 12V can give all kinds of weird errors.

After that, IDK, unless someone here has more input; of if you can afford to pay a Ford dealer to diagnosis...

You might also join & ask the FB group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/93606971242/
Okay, tomorrow morning I will try and give it a reset again. I'll disconnect the battery after that as well. Hmm didn't know a low battery did that kind of thing. It originally happened on a very hot day when my wife was driving now has been sitting 5 months while I was deployed. Thank you for the input looking for as much guidance as I can get : )

Quick Reply: "Stop Safely Now"

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands