Stop Safely Now...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Stop Safely Now...

So my kid was learning to drive today, and we got the "Stop Safely Now" Message, car was still on; it was just before we got to an on ramp to a highway, so glad it didn't happen 5 seconds later.

So we pull off the road, Cycle the key, and all seems normal. I didn't have my SG in the car at the time.

So we cut our lesson short, come home. Plug in the SG, no DTC codes were showing. Mec Temp was good; can't get mine to give batt temp.

Just replaced the MEC pump about a year ago, & the AC blend door about 6 months ago.

Anything else to be looking for?

(I tried to search "Stop Safely Now" & just "Stop Now" and no results came back....)

Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
Default Re: Stop Safely Now...

If it was the MECS pump failing again the ICE would likely have shut down about when you saw the "Stop Safely Now" message, so probably not that but monitor MeT with the SG to be sure.

Sometimes things just go wrong and the computer needs to be reset as you did. Like the time I had unintended forward acceleration in reverse "gear", cycled the key a few times and it has not reoccurred.

Old 05-30-2015, 10:28 AM

Thanks, I was hoping it was just a random fluke.

If it was Mec temp, it would have shut down.

It's been very wet & humid lately (flooding rains) so I'm hoping the HVAC motor was just being a little slow(fast)er than the sensors were looking for...???

So far nothing yet again.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:57 PM

Dirty throttle body was the cause of my SSN.