Streamlining...

Old 01-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Streamlining...

Originally Posted by salsbr
BTW, coroplast is just short for corogated plastic. Yes, it is really easy to work with and cut to any shape you want. And you can get a lot of it by pulling campaign signs out of people's yards.
Hey! Great Idea for a grille cover.

Now, should I pull out the candidate I don't like, or the one I do like, to help advertise with the name facing out?

Old 01-14-2008, 03:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

If removing the crossbars on the top luggage rack would help could someone tell me how to remove them without hurting anything? Thanks.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Page 82-84 in the owners manual if you have the second edition or pages 79-81 if you have the first.

Mine and others had red Loctite on the thumbwheel and are very stubborn the first time you remove them. They should be removed, cleaned, and lubricated before reinstalling (if you have the time).

Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 AM
08 MMH 4WD

Originally Posted by Tim K
Most people already remove the cross rails of the roofrack. That is a common one and I think ford's documentation even spells out the MPG "costs". They even give MPG estimates for running headlights, listening to the radio, etc. Based on that info, it makes sense to drive with no radio, during the day so you don't need headlights or dash lights!
(I though the same when I read the post below! )

Here is a recent post that outlines these "hits":
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...ssories-16464/

Old 04-11-2008, 10:55 PM

Wouldn't adding all of that extra moulding/body panels/etc. (to the Prius in the initial post's link) add weight, in part thereby canceling out any aerodynamic gains?

Old 04-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Enthusiast

Wow, why did you buy the 'brick' in the first place and not say a Prius? I think you're barking up the wrong 'vehicle' if you want great mpg! Myself, I'm just happy it does somewhat better than most small SUV's.

Old 04-13-2008, 05:02 PM

Mine does MUCH better than ALL other small SUVs...

Old 04-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Talking Re: Streamlining...

When people ask about the MPG in my Insight, I say it gets about 75 MPG. ( which it does after it is warmed up )

The common response?

"Wow! That's better than most cars!"

My response:

It's better than all cars as far as I know!
-John

Search this Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands