For those who have the block heaters

Old 11-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Enthusiast
Default For those who have the block heaters

I went ahead and installed the block heater and battery warmer on my '06 FEH. Everything went smooth, except for the fact that the actual heater plug that goes in the block is not in all the way. It is tightened down until snug, but is still showing five threads. Is this normal? I know the plug you take out of the block is not that deep to begin with, but I want to make sure I do not have a problem with the heater plug. I have attached a picture of mine installed.

Attached Thumbnails For those who have the block heaters-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 11-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: For those who have the block heaters

I think mine was like that as well but you might wanna recheck the threads and everything.

Originally Posted by Matt D
I went ahead and installed the block heater and battery warmer on my '06 FEH. Everything went smooth, except for the fact that the actual heater plug that goes in the block is not in all the way. It is tightened down until snug, but is still showing five threads. Is this normal? I know the plug you take out of the block is not that deep to begin with, but I want to make sure I do not have a problem with the heater plug. I have attached a picture of mine installed.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: For those who have the block heaters

It's a pipe thread, therefore tapered, you will onlybe able to tighten so much. If its not leaking don't worry