Tired of all the whining!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast
Post Tired of all the whining!

Man am I tired of all the Whining about 'Why the FEH doesn’t have this or have That!!!!!!!!!!!'

Yeah I know
I am
Whining about Whining - go figure.

Face it – you have an Escape with added features – NAV system etc and it is a Hybrid, not a Lexus RX, BMW X5 or even a Acura MDX. I know there are a few small insignificant things that some ‘Would Like To Have.’

If it were a Luxury vehicle with all the things you ‘Wish You Had’ - then you should have gotten one. If you did your homework, you knew that these things weren't available - but you took the plunge anyway - so stop crying. Just don’t mess up a good forum with your gripes – this is a place to help and trade experiences of what you have learned to get the best out of your FEH and pass them along to the next guy or even one that might be looking into getting a new Hybrid.

We have - IMO - the best Hybrid SUV, especially for the price, out there - bar none. If I want all those things - heated seats, temp guage, self-dimming mirror, cargo net, wonderful Bose sound system, quiet smooth ride - - - I take my TL - but when I want to drive one of the most
Technologically advanced vehicles out there - I jump in my FEH.

I hear the 'I have a squeak' - dang every car has a squeak or something! They are man made objects and a few flaws crop up. Generally they crop up Here before you seek assistance from your Service Dept - where they are
generally and genuinely very happy to track down and fix your problem, and have a happy customer, Happy customers sell more FEHs. There are a few that made the mistake of picking one of the very few poor dealership, but they are few and far between. Sure, some have had to help work with their Service Dept to 'Find' the solution to the problem - but as far as I can see - except for the VERY FEW - they have bent over backwards to make things right. Most of those 'Helps' have come from this forum from people that have passed along their knowledge. When you take into accout the 'Problems' - they are all very minor - no wheels falling off or major components failing or blowing up - if anything, in this hurry up world we live in, Ford did a pretty dang good job of R&D before they 'Let Us' take it for a drive.

You also gripe about the price – well start adding on all those ‘Extras’ and then you will really have your shorts in a wad. The added cost of just making the Escape a Hybrid is enough to make many short sighted people opt for a different vehicle. Add on all those superfluous bells and whistles that might make your little life cushier and they wouldn’t even think about getting one.

I am perfectly Happy with just having probably the best Hybrid SUV for the money out there - and having the fun of driving it. Watching people look – after you have gone by and see the looks on their faces like ‘Where did that come from?’

OK – off my soapbox.

Last edited by VietVet'67; 06-23-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Tired of all the whining!

I hear you, Vet (thank you for your service to our country, btw!)

You mentioned squeaks. Dang, now I feel like an idiot for almost posting a new thread about a squeak I have been having (not the rear end frame squeak, though I have that occasionally too).

Anyhow, every other forum here has similar topics to those in the FEH group. Everyone likes to daydream and second-guess the vehicle manufacturer and their engineers. It is human nature, I guess. That said, summertime seems to be getting to a few folks and bringing their blood pressure to unsafe levels. If I were a physician, I would prescribe a steady regimen of driving their hybrids to alleviate their stress.

Enjoy your FEH. We love ours!

Old 06-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
That said, summertime seems to be getting to a few folks and bringing their blood pressure to unsafe levels. If I were a physician, I would prescribe a steady regimen of driving their hybrids to alleviate their stress.

Enjoy your FEH. We love ours!
Thanks Shannon,

Already on Nodolol, Lotrel (Blood Pressure Med), Lipator and who knows what else but like you said - the best is getting in the FEH and trying to raise the FE not the BP.

Guess I had a hard day and should never have vented as I did - but what is done is done - and I still stand behind what I said.

Yeah I know other forums, and this one also, post simular topics (and that is why I quit reading a couple and if I did read I never posted) but I guess it finally all just got to me - like you said 'Summer' - Hit 100 deg - FEH is fine, don't know about me .

Bless Ya -

Last edited by VietVet'67; 06-22-2006 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Enthusiastically Active

We get the same thing in the Civic forum. 'I wish it had leather, power seats, etc..........."

At the end of the day it is a Honda Civic. Get over it.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:03 AM

thanks.

People tend to forget that the very existence of hybrids as a mass-market item is still in its infancy. We'll get there, with all the bells and whistles and colors and models to suit eveyone's preferences. But in the meantime, too many people insist on looking the gift horse in the mouth.

A FORD will never have the amenities of a MERCURY, which will never be on par with LEXUS or the Germans. Doesn't make it a bad product, but if you want the other stuff, you're gonna have to wait until the folks who build cars with that stuff come out with their versions.

On the other hand: Its true that innovation often occurs only when enough folks say "wouldn't it be nice if..." which is very similar to complaining but for a shift in tone. And a forum like this is a place to say exactly that. Power windows, ABS, DVD players, etc never would have made it to 'regular' vehicles like Fords unless people complained long enough from enough different places. The makers DO read this and other hybrid forums, and DO hear what we are saying. Some of it will be heeded, some of it is pipedreams, and some of it is simply humorous.

So some degree of whining is not a bad thing. To a point.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Have hybrid, will travel.

I bought my FEH 4WD instead of a BMW x3 or x5.

I have never looked back, nor have I looked into an x3 or x5 since. I do wish I had gotten the nav system, but it just wasn't available at the time. Such is life, I move on. at 30+ mpg, I move fairly efficiently, too.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:43 AM

I love mine and I'm happy with most of the options available. I think some grousing is normal though. Its not like most of these people are saying they HATE the car.

I do have one comment though. That squeak from the back.... thats not a "normal" squeak from a car. That sounds HIDEOUS when it happens. It sounds like a hinge that hasn't been oiled in 30 years. It possitively ECHOES in enclosed areas.

Fortunately mine only does it once in a long while and it seems to be getting better.

Its okay though... you're allowed to blow off steam once in a while.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

Amen, Teester. Good post. I would like to say that sharing stories of the options folks have added or issues they've discovered on their FEH's is great.

I like knowing how someone hooked up their Ipod or installed a Gentech mirror with all the bells and whistles and where they found one for the best price.

I also like posts asking if anyone else has noticed a squeak here or a problem there and how it was resolved.

When these posts turn into gripes and complaints then it is bothersome. It's also very annoying when it turns into name calling and FEH bashing as happened in a recent thread.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 AM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hdbillp
Amen, Teester. Good post. I would like to say that sharing stories of the options folks have added or issues they've discovered on their FEH's is great.

I like knowing how someone hooked up their Ipod or installed a Gentech mirror with all the bells and whistles and where they found one for the best price.

I also like posts asking if anyone else has noticed a squeak here or a problem there and how it was resolved.

When these posts turn into gripes and complaints then it is bothersome. It's also very annoying when it turns into name calling and FEH bashing as happened in a recent thread.
That is not what I was trying to point out -

Sharing stories of the options folks have added or issues they've discovered on their FEH's or installed a Gentech mirror with all the bells and whistles and where they found one for the best price.

You are right - That is what this forum should be all about, telling others what you have done (own your own - Asking questions about how to get and install that Gentech mirror) to improve your FEH or how to get the best FE, not venting about not having something as an option from Ford. They must have their reason - I as you wish I knew that reasoning.

As I stated - You knew when you got your FEH that these things were not available - why drive it into the ground? Plus many of the things complained about here, your Ford Service knows about - and we know about them from people here, like Colin (Nightracerx) keeping us updated with these latest TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins).

The 'Anyone tried - - - -?' or 'Great way to - - - ' is GREAT and that is how we improve on what we have - by asking those questions and sharing that info here.

I'm Out Of Here - And Sorry To Have Ever Posted This Thread. Die Thread Die!!!

Last edited by VietVet'67; 06-23-2006 at 09:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:56 AM

PS: I never meant my comments about folks needing to "chill" to be taken as referring to you, Phillip. I realize after re-reading this whole thread that my comments might have been read that way, and just wanted to mention that it wasn't intended. I actually had a couple very heated threads in my mind, and concur with your comments. We'd all be a little more mellow if we drove our FEH's a little more and groused a little less, myself included.

Good day!

Quick Reply: Tired of all the whining!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands