What temperature will the blend door stay closed below? Also, A/C for battery

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default What temperature will the blend door stay closed below? Also, A/C for battery

I was doing some testing and ran the car very hard by flooring it then regenning. I got the battery up to 100 degree TMX and over 95 degrees TAV. I didn't notice a huge difference in the amount of electric assist I was allowed. The Scangauge didn't show my A/C came on, the battery didn't cool down very fast at all (5 degrees over about 15 minutes) and the blend door remained firmly shut the entire time, or at least the multiple times I checked it. Ambient air temperature according to the readout was 44 degrees F

Old 12-01-2016, 04:01 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What temperature will the blend door stay closed below? Also, A/C for battery

So 157 people read it and didn't know the answer, or has this forum really gone that far down hill? I go out of my way to help people on here when I'm able to and it seems like nobody else is willing to even take a slight effort to extend the courtesy.

Old 12-01-2016, 05:05 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: What temperature will the blend door stay closed below? Also, A/C for battery

Originally Posted by 08escapehybrid
So 157 people read it and didn't know the answer, or has this forum really gone that far down hill? I go out of my way to help people on here when I'm able to and it seems like nobody else is willing to even take a slight effort to extend the courtesy.
Really? 37 total posts? You sure seem to go out of your way to help people. Kudos to you. You're doing a great job. It's a shame that people don't share your innate sense of helpfulness and extensive knowledge.

I'll try to follow your example and get my post count up with helpfullness too. Oh, wait.

Those 157 people don't have any idea, or they are waiting to post at a time that's more convenient for them.

I don't know the answers, but I can "help" you try to be less of an impatient entitled a$$. Unfortunately, the only way I can do that is point out that you're being an impatient entitled a$$ and hope you can learn some lesson that helps you become a better person. Otherwise, you wan continue to be an impatient entitled a$$. Your choice.

Good luck,

Steve

Old 12-01-2016, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by 08escapehybrid
So 157 people read it and didn't know the answer,
As I type this there are 1 member and 73 guests on the FEH subforum, and that's typical. So the 157 readers of your post are most likely 99% guests with nothing to contribute. I wish I could answer your question but I don't have that information.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Active Enthusiast

I have a lower post count because my old email my original account was made with deactivated and I couldn't get back in. Thanks for assuming and making YOURSELF the entitled ***. Most of the problems on here are pretty basic and a quick check of the resources will come up with the answer. However problems that need heavy digging will not come so easily. I happen to have both a scangauge II and a complete set of manuals from ford. All I was asking was a pretty basic question that anybody could answer by popping off their rear air filter and checking, I wasn't asking anything that far out of the ordinary.

Now that I know you want to be a complete *** to me I'll remember that if you ever have a question that involves a wiring diagram or anything very complex...

Old 12-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've posted multiple times on here before and in the last year it seems that nobody wants to be very helpful and I'm generally the most common last answer in the newer posts, so yes, what I said is valid.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Active Enthusiast

Did Steve really post in here just to be an *** when he doesn't even OWN a Ford let alone an Escape Hybrid? Wow, Kudos Steve for having so much of a full life that you took the time out of your busy day to insult me about something you know absolutely nothing about, you sure are a treasure to society.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Econoline, I don't need anything too specific. I am just wondering a rough range. There's a little panel in the back that you could pop open, if you pull the filter out you'll see the door right under it. I have never seen mine open before when it's 32 degrees, when it's 50 degrees or when it's 70. I know it shouldn't be open if it's hot outside and MAYBE shouldn't be open when it's cold, but I wanted to know if it opens up right when you start the vehicle or only when it is hot. I got the battery to 100 and it didn't open, but it was around freezing outside so maybe at that temp it doesn't want condensation and the a/c would freeze so it's a limbo point?

Anyways, I don't need a lot of specifics, just a few temp points and maybe a scangauge reading to have an idea of what normal is since the manual is kinda sparse.

Old 12-04-2016, 05:37 PM

LOL... 3 posts in response. Thank you for proving my point for me. Sorry you didn't learn the lesson.

"Boo hoo. Nobody will help me."

Poor you.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:55 PM
Enthusiast

I checked mine this morning when it was 35 deg.F
Closed before starting.
Closed while running
Closed when it went into EV after about 10 min.

Checked again when got home from work when it was 55 deg F.
Same results as above.

Both times I didn't drive it.
Mine is an 06 MMH with 283k miles.
Mine runs excellent and goes into EV mode proper.
I get about 30 mpg with normal driving.
I don't have a Scanguage yet but want one.

When it was warm out the AC would come on proper and cool the battery.
I judged this by feeling the rear cooling lines under the car and one was nice and cold.

I will check again during the next drive.

Attached Thumbnails What temperature will the blend door stay closed below? Also, A/C for battery-img_20161211_090140-mobile-.jpg  

Quick Reply: What temperature will the blend door stay closed below? Also, A/C for battery

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands