Wrench Light

Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast
Default Wrench Light

Ok this is driving me crazy, my Wrench light seems to be coming on for no reason. I have a 2008 FEH with about 9000 miles. The light will come on sometimes after driving for a few minutes and stay on for the duration of the drive. When I turn the ignition off and right back on again the problems goes away. There seems to be nothing wrong with any of the systems. Has any one else had this problem?

Old 03-19-2008, 07:00 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Wrench Light

Originally Posted by lukemac1
Ok this is driving me crazy, my Wrench light seems to be coming on for no reason. I have a 2008 FEH with about 9000 miles. The light will come on sometimes after driving for a few minutes and stay on for the duration of the drive. When I turn the ignition off and right back on again the problems goes away. There seems to be nothing wrong with any of the systems. Has any one else had this problem?
Go to an autoparts store such as AutoZone and have them put a code reader on your vehicle and see if they can read a "code". If not, go to the dealer and have them do this workup since it is under warranty.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:06 PM
Enthusiast

I had the same problem for about 3 months. I kept going to Auto Zone when light was on..no codes..went there when lights off...no codes. One day about 2 months ago it just stopped coming on. It was coming on so often i was worried, but now it has stopped. i wonder if it was something with the as cap, or fill-up or something. Whatever it is it is gone.

If no codes are thrown at Auto Zone, i would not be too concerned.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid Labbett
I had the same problem for about 3 months. I kept going to Auto Zone when light was on..no codes..went there when lights off...no codes. One day about 2 months ago it just stopped coming on. It was coming on so often i was worried, but now it has stopped. i wonder if it was something with the as cap, or fill-up or something. Whatever it is it is gone.

If no codes are thrown at Auto Zone, i would not be too concerned.
When I had this happen on my '06 it had no codes either if the lamp was NOT lit. WHILE the lamp is lit take it to the dealer. Tell him not to shut it off. They will have to use a different code reader and it probably will flag a code in the climate control system. Mine did. Climate control codes aren't treated the same and are cleared when the car shuts off. I think its because if your A/C dies its not that bad NORMALLY. However in this case it can be. In my case it was the motor/actuator on the battery vent door that was failing and it flagged a code for it. That is something you'd want fixed. Theres another thread on this somewhere.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Been happening to me for the couple weeks too. Too busy to get it checked

Old 03-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Auto Zone and the Scan Gauge only check the OBDII codes and there are MANY more that can turn on the light that dont have anything to do with emissions which is what the OBDII is for.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Enthusiast

I'm having the problem with the Wrench light right now, it's really annoying since I've already took it to the dealer to have it looked at. drove it home it still keeps coming back on. scheduled a appointment, have to take it back in again. I feel that there's something allot more simple to this problem.

2008 Mazda Tribute Hybrid 8900 miles

Old 04-11-2008, 01:08 PM

A loose gas cap will set off the Wrench light.

We had a pin hole leak in our gas filler tube that was setting ours off. The dealer replaced the gas cap, filler neck and the plastic tube assembly behind the filler neck to fix it.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Try to NOT turn the key off when you take it back. See if the tech can bring the scan tool to your car and check the codes before you turn it off. Also have the gas cap checked you might have a leaky one.(vapor)

Old 04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mine quit doing it since I changed the oil at about 9100 miles

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wrench Light

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands