2015 Accord Hybrid Questions

Old 01-29-2015, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast
Default 2015 Accord Hybrid Questions

New to this group. Shopping for a new hybrid and have driven the Prius and Accord thus far. Next on the test drive list are the Fusion and Sonata.

I was impressed with the Accord but have some questions:

1. what are current owners actually seeing for MPG in real world driving

2. any problems to watch out for

3. looking at the Touring model to get the nav ... does that model include fog lights like the Touring version of the non hybrid

Any input would be appreciated ... thanks in advance!

Old 01-29-2015, 09:12 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: 2015 Accord Hybrid Questions

Originally Posted by drferrell
New to this group. Shopping for a new hybrid and have driven the Prius and Accord thus far. Next on the test drive list are the Fusion and Sonata.

I was impressed with the Accord but have some questions:

3. looking at the Touring model to get the nav ... does that model include fog lights like the Touring version of the non hybrid

Any input would be appreciated ... thanks in advance!
I'm also considering the Accord hybrid. Presently I'm driving a 2007 Camry hybrid.

I'm in Canada so this may or may not apply but the hybrid touring does not come with fog lights up here.

At least that is what the brochure says.

Old 01-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Enthusiast

I have a '14. Mine is averaging between 41 and 43 mpg overall. I do a lot of highway driving, so that tends to lower it somewhat. It's a little better in warm weather.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2015 with near 10K miles......here is what I have learned:

Don't trust the mpg reading on screen.....I've driven conservative and liberal.....it never registers with consistency. The miles until empty goes the same.

On the up side....weather I do drive light or heavy footed.....I've noticed my miles per tank of gas are fairly consistent.

I am more of a country road driver than city driver too....but, I still get near 800 miles per tank (very happy with that). If I were a complete city driver....it would be higher.

I've tried the tricks posted on this forum and others for ultra green driving....but for some reason...it never matters....weather I'm punching the gas or being thoughtful...the return is the same. A good return at that ;-)

Thanks all.

Old 02-12-2015, 11:25 AM
Enthusiast

SoCal driving, mostly highway where speeds are typically 80mph.
I try to stay in the 60's.
43-45 is common MPG for my commute, with conservative driving mostly, and some very conservative the last 5 miles to eek out the results.
Drove to Vegas, 50mpg doing about 70mph. 730 range on that trip.
800 has never been achievable.

Old 03-01-2015, 11:03 AM
Enthusiast

My highest tank mileage ever was 903. That entire tank was driven for mileage-we're talking 45 mph on the interstate with hazard lights flashing kind of driving for mileage. I did not top the tank off when filling it that time, I always stop when the pump first clicks off. It was on fumes when I refilled. No a/c use, weather was warm, front tires inflated to max recommended on the sidewall of the tires.

Old 03-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Owner

I bought a new 2015 Accord EXL Hybrid in late Nov. WIS winter-weather driving so far at 3600 miles is pretty steady (& disappointing) 36mpg. Notice increase to 40, when temp is over 30 degrees, but nowhere near the 47/50 mpg claimed. My daughter has a 2012 Camry Hybrid and gets upper 30's to low 40's. NONE of the EPA estimates will be accurate. Go by what you see from real world posts.
BTW: Got an incredible deal at Valley Honda in Aurora, IL., and it was the easiest and totally 'NO B.S.' car purchase I've ever made in 40+ years of driving. If you're getting a Honda and anywhere near Chicago, check them out.

To Sooty's comment: As far as I know, NONE of the Accord Hybrids have fog lights (as equipped or as aftermarket option). The explanation I found is because there is some kind of vent port where the fog lights need to go. Also, one dealer said the Hybrid lights "adjusted" and so fog lights were not necessary. (??, sounds like BS to me).

Update 3-13-15: Ever since the weather warmed up (a bit, in the 50's) my MPG has gone up too. Now getting around 45, and on some trips over 50, which I'm much happier about. Will update again shortly after I do it's first oil change, using Mobil 1 A.F.E. blend (green cap) and Fram UltraGuard filter at 5K.

Last edited by Rayseen; 03-13-2015 at 04:51 PM. Reason: update
Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 PM
Enthusiast

The air inlet for the ducting to the inverter cooling system radiator is where the driver's side foglight would go. As far as hybrid headlights adjusting, utter and total bs.

Old 03-13-2015, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

No Accord Hybrid (2014+ anyway) has foglights, but the LED headlights in the Touring are wonderful.

I only have 560 miles on mine but the computer thinks I'm getting 43 average with 130 miles to go on this tank.

Not a problem, but I was mildly disappointed that the Accord has older HondaLink tech than the Civic and Fit. What I really mean by that is I want CarPlay.

Overall though, this car is amazing. Trunk only has room for one but that's truly the only downside to this model. I used to own the 2005 V6 Accord Hybrid and this thing is almost as quick off the line (not that I drive it like that, just for reference).

Touring model also has more steering wheel buttons (for managing the screen in the speedo, not the two in the center of the dash) and Adaptive Cruise Control...simply wonderful.

One thing I didn't know before I bought it: When you have nav routes running, the upcoming instructions pop up on the small speedo screen. I do wish it had a HUD like the Prius IV/Solar has, but I'm getting a Navdy HUD anyway.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Enthusiast

I got an 2015 Accord Hybrid CVT almost a month ago. Have been driving mostly freeway. If I am really conservative with how I drive (staying in the green) and closer to 75mph when possible, I can get about 40ish mpg. Otherwise, I would have to say that 36-38 mpg is probably more realistic for my driving style and environment.

I had a 2006 Prius before having this. It's a world of a difference. Not only is there an 8 year difference of hybrid technology between the two, but it's a brand new car. I love it. I look forward to driving it everyday.

Unfortunately, I was cruising around 50mph on the freeway last night. I had the AC on full blast. Then all of a sudden, loss of power check engine light, and an error popped up on my dash: "Power System Problem". Hybrid battery looked low and I am assuming that it couldn't charge fast enough to meet the demand of driving and full AC. I seriously and honestly just got rid of my 2006 Prius because of the same exact problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Accord Hybrid Questions

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands