New Owner - 2015 Accord Hybrid - questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 09:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default New Owner - 2015 Accord Hybrid - questions

Thanks in advance for your patience...

I just purchased a new 2015 Accord Hybrid EX-L. I'm excited about learning how to take advantage of the hybrid properties and I'm sure I'll know more as I dig into the subject...but at the moment I'm overwhelmed a bit with the EV button and the

I drive to work in stop and go traffic about 35 miles each way. What settings in general should I be using? We live on Long Island, so not many hills. Should EV be on? What about ECON?

Thanks!

Old 10-11-2015, 03:41 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: New Owner - 2015 Accord Hybrid - questions

Originally Posted by verngator
Thanks in advance for your patience...

I just purchased a new 2015 Accord Hybrid EX-L. I'm excited about learning how to take advantage of the hybrid properties and I'm sure I'll know more as I dig into the subject...but at the moment I'm overwhelmed a bit with the EV button and the

I drive to work in stop and go traffic about 35 miles each way. What settings in general should I be using? We live on Long Island, so not many hills. Should EV be on? What about ECON?

Thanks!
Also. I'm confused about the the battery level. Mine is below half. I'm trying to understand this from reading posts, but what I think I'm reading is that the battery charges when you are breaking - is that correct?

Old 10-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Enthusiast

So my battery level is always at this level or below. What am I doing wrong?

Old 10-14-2015, 07:06 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't have an HAH, but I've seen this talked about, and this is NORMAL.

The only time you will get full is going down steep hills where there is an excess of regen. And possibly if you drive in 'B' where it captures more energy from coasting/braking.

You don't necessarily want a full battery anyways, because then there is no-where for braking energy to go.

Old 10-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hunter44102
I don't have an HAH, but I've seen this talked about, and this is NORMAL.

The only time you will get full is going down steep hills where there is an excess of regen. And possibly if you drive in 'B' where it captures more energy from coasting/braking.

You don't necessarily want a full battery anyways, because then there is no-where for braking energy to go.
Thanks so much for the clarification!