Is it possible to disable the IMA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 12:57 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is it possible to disable the IMA?

I don't buy into the Optima hype, and I wouldn't go deep discharge. True deep cycle batteries don't perform as well for cranking even if they claim to have the CCA.

Even with intermittent charging issues, you shouldn't be cycling to a significant depth.

Steve

Old 12-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks I'll just get a 51r. Much cheaper too. I do occasionally do a lot of city driving stop and go...i delivery pizzas a few morning as I own a papa johns pizzeria. Plus i do about 20 min highway everyday also. Info on this page is outstanding! Ill have to read up on a grid charger!

Old 12-09-2015, 01:53 PM

Even that shouldn't pose much of an issue if you're being conservative with your accessory use. The 20 minute highway drive should top it off in most cases.

Most people have favorable results with grid charging. I helped a friend with a Prius recently. His mpg was dropping off, but there were no errors. I did a grid charge/deep discharge to 0.5V/cell average, 8.5 hours of grid charging then top off with the car's charging capability. This battery state of health went from 28% to 90%.

Steve

Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 PM
Enthusiast

2007 honda civic hybrid red battery light came on. whtat is the reason and what is the soultion.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:33 PM
Enthusiast

2007 honda civic hybrid 12v battery not charging. whtat is the reason and what is the soultion.

Old 08-23-2016, 06:18 AM

Asked and answered. Read your codes.

Old 09-13-2016, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast
Question Re: Is it possible to disable the IMA?

Originally Posted by S Keith

The disabling will throw a continuous IMA and check engine light that will prohibit you from passing emissions if that's a criterion in your area.

Steve
Hi Steve;
Do you know what codes will show up if you read them after you disable the IMA Battery? per the quote above there will be IMA and check engine lights continuously after disabling the system. What do the codes show?

thanks,
kloignon

Old 09-13-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by kloignon
Hi Steve;
Do you know what codes will show up if you read them after you disable the IMA Battery? per the quote above there will be IMA and check engine lights continuously after disabling the system. What do the codes show?

thanks,
kloignon
Multiple. It compromises the charging system as well.

When you install your next Falcon, flip off the master, fire it up and read codes.

Old 10-30-2017, 08:41 AM
Active Enthusiast

So in another threadsurrection, our 07 battery has been bad now for a few months. I'm debating what to do with this 108l mile car as it needs plugs, coils, and a timing belt-you do the math.

I called American Honda to see if they have any mercy and they said to call the dealer to see if he'd do a deal. Ironically, the dealer was my 1st babysitter's HS BF about 50 years ago but I expect no mercy from him.

Is this car salable as is with disclosing the issues? It's clean, never painted and a honda but the hybrid issues can scare off shoppers.

And I can say that this runs fine with weak IMA battery-it charges up and down fully about every 5 miles or so and still functions as designed.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by houseofcharm
So in another threadsurrection, our 07 battery has been bad now for a few months. I'm debating what to do with this 108l mile car as it needs plugs, coils, and a timing belt-you do the math.

I called American Honda to see if they have any mercy and they said to call the dealer to see if he'd do a deal. Ironically, the dealer was my 1st babysitter's HS BF about 50 years ago but I expect no mercy from him.

Is this car salable as is with disclosing the issues? It's clean, never painted and a honda but the hybrid issues can scare off shoppers.

And I can say that this runs fine with weak IMA battery-it charges up and down fully about every 5 miles or so and still functions as designed.

I have bolded the only thing to which I'm going to respond. You aren't selling a car, you are selling a problem. The answer to your question is, "what would you want if you were in the buyer's position?"

I can provide other commentary on other things in your post, but I'm not going to help you behave unethically by trying to pass off your problem onto an unsuspecting buyer.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to disable the IMA?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands