Power System Problem on 2015 Accord Hybrid

Old 03-31-2015, 10:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Power System Problem on 2015 Accord Hybrid

I picked up my car yesterday. Only time will tell if it's actually fixed.

My paperwork says:

"P0B3B HV Battery Cell voltage sensor internal circuit malfunction.... battery pack (Module) was ordered for this vehicle....Removed & installed a new battery pack."

Operation number: 1181P7
Defect code: 03214 Erroneous operation

Old 04-01-2015, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Well, so far it doesn't seem like my car is not having battery issues anymore. One thing, it seems like the gas motor is trying harder (and is louder) when going uphill. On the freeway it seems fine, but at lower speeds it really does seem like it's trying harder than before. Perhaps I just got used to driving a v6 non-hybrid the past couple weeks, but I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, it's so hard finding these accord hybrids at dealerships to test drive one to compare.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:49 AM
k99
Enthusiast

I have my Accord Hybrid back after the HV battery replacement. I haven't had any issues since the replacement.

I did notice on one occasion the HV battery level dropped to two bars, but the engine started up without issue, as it should have.

Glad to have the car back.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Enthusiast

I just bought mine Apr 30 15 in Orange County, CA and was driving and suddenly received a Brake System Error, then moments later the Power system Problem. Stuck on the shoulder in the middle of the desert on the freeway.

Eventually got it back to the dealership that I bought my car at with only 300 miles on it and since they were unable to bring up the codes during testing, they're not doing anything about it.

I'm waiting for their reply back on if they're going to replace what "malfunctioned".

Old 05-30-2015, 07:19 AM
TJS
Enthusiast

I have had the same issue with lass than 1000 miles on the car. I was driving on freeway at approx. 70 MPH with no AC on. I received the power error message and lost power, coasted to off ramp and then restart with only the check engine light on. I was now able to drive to the dealer. I received a call last night and the woman thought it was going to require a software update that was not available as of yet. Not too comforting. I am picking the car up today after codes cleared and going to have a call with a more senior service manager. More to come. It is interesting the replacement of the battery pack seemed to help.

Old 05-30-2015, 08:40 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TJS
I have had the same issue with lass than 1000 miles on the car. I was driving on freeway at approx. 70 MPH with no AC on. I received the power error message and lost power, coasted to off ramp and then restart with only the check engine light on. I was now able to drive to the dealer. I received a call last night and the woman thought it was going to require a software update that was not available as of yet. Not too comforting. I am picking the car up today after codes cleared and going to have a call with a more senior service manager. More to come. It is interesting the replacement of the battery pack seemed to help.
So not too long after I posted the issue, Honda was unable to replicate the problem thus not fixing the problem but recognizes that the error codes did indeed happen. I was furious since I had a long distance trip not too long after that and luckily it hasn't died on me yet.

During the same time I had tweeted out to Honda Customer Service about the problem and also the technical advisor at Honda corporate and assigned a case manager. Case manager wasn't too much help but offered a $200 Honda gift card to use at any Honda dealership for any accessories or what not. Disappointed that the problem wasn't remedied.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:59 AM
Enthusiast

Mine is 3 weeks old with 2400 miles. It would not turn on last night. Finally came on and showed every malfunction Honda invented. Called Roadside assistance and they sent someone out to jump start it. Everything was OK this morning - But I have an appointment at the dealer this afternoon.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:16 PM
TJS
Enthusiast

UPDATE - I wanted to circle back around on my earlier post. I will say I tried twice earlier and reseting password was an issue and gave up. So, the issue was a software update. I believe as mine went in, it was right when it become a know issue at the highest levels. Once I found out there was no know fix at the time, I was concerned to say the least and brought it up directly with Service Manager. I explained my reservations and real concerns. I feel like that told it to me straight and we were where we were. My experience with the dealer in Boulder totally turning me around. It was handled in a very professional manner. They rented me a car, called weekly to provide an update and installed the software about 4 weeks later. As it was explained, it took some time and had to be certified in the process that sets fuels standards. Car is back now for 6 weeks or so. No issues, it drives great. Milage is averaging 46 miles to the gallon and back a forth to Boulder (about 8 miles) I regularly get 63 mph. Short tips to the store are the killer I think. Denver is 35 min on highway and get approx. 52 MPH each way. I love the car and the way they handled the issue makes me a Honda fan. I hope it stays that way but no reason to think it will not.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast

I have a 2015 Accord hybrid, just under 1 yr old with 13k miles. Began experiencing the same power system problem earlier this month.

Usually it occurs during the day and when the weather is hot. Power System Problem display comes on and engine service light as well (as pictured). Turning the car off and on helps but the engine light stays on for another 24 hrs or so before turning off.

The car felt like it lose gas engine power and operates electric only until the battery runs out where it would not move until I turn the car off and back on. Electric only as in when I was going 65mph on the freeway, and when I try to step on the gas peddel, I can maintain that speed as long as the battery had enough power but the gas engine will not kick on.

It was not a pleasant experience as I was driving on the left lane and was quickly trying to move over to the right on a freeway without shoulders. Luckily I was able to make it to the next nearest exit, half a mile away.

Had the error msg appear 4 times in 2 weeks. Took the car to the dealer 3 times within that time frame.

My first visit, they didnt see anything wrong, no DTC codes, no check engine light.

Second visit, I told them about the software update I saw on this site. They applied patch TSB 15-057 HV Cell Voltage Sensor (CVS) software update, took the car home, when to work later in the afternoon, and power system problem message came on again.

Third visit, no dashboard lights stayed on once again, told them about how it was my 3rd visit in 2 weeks. Tech drove the car for 10 miles, power system problem pops up. Found DTCs codes finally. Code P108 - Generator motor inverters, and code 0562 - Generator motor control module system low voltage. Tech performed troubleshooting for P108C and reapplied patch, I guess it didnt go thru the first time? Drove it for another 10 miles and found no errors this time.

It has been 5 days since my last visit and I have not had the issue since. Also to note, it has not been as hot here in the Northeast the last few days. Highs in the 70s compare to 80s-90s when I began having this issue.

This appears to be a serious issue, as there are a number of complaints about it here and on other forums. I'm surprise Honda has not issued a recall yet. I bet some class action lawyer somewhere will take up this case when somebody gets seriously hurt or prior. I hope Honda take a hard look at this issue affecting the Accord hybrids.

Attached Thumbnails Power System Problem on 2015 Accord Hybrid-20150919_144518.jpg   Power System Problem on 2015 Accord Hybrid-20150918_142913.jpg  

Last edited by forress; 09-26-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Enthusiast

hmmm no issues here, however I will at least have a reference should it occur. Thanks everyone for all the details especially the dash images and following up to keep this community aware of the issue.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power System Problem on 2015 Accord Hybrid

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands