Replaced my 2006 Civic Hybrid Battery

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:10 AM
Active Enthusiast
Smile Re: Replaced my 2006 Civic Hybrid Battery

Great...best wishes with your Civic Hybrid. I am sure it will last you for years to come at the end. Customer service are HIT and MISS...don't put too much feelings in it. When you can put it up with the Top Brass, they usually can solve your problems. It is the people UNDER them that is rude and not helpful.

Insist on talking on top and you will be fine.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Replaced my 2006 Civic Hybrid Battery

I have a Toyota 2007 Camry Hybrid. The dealer, Bob Baker Toyota took me to the cleaner for $11,000.00 for transmission and inverter replacement. Your story is just like my own. The service manager, part managers and his guys are difficult to work with. My car is still in their shop. I'm a Toyota Hybrid fan, but after this repair, I would not buy another hybrid.

Thanks for sharing, great Dealer rip-off story. I'm not as fortunate. I made a mistake to let them work on the car.

Regards,

Woody

Old 01-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

The OP's success with a used pack is not typical. I have a salvage yard pack that came as a spare with our 2nd HCH2. It lasted for a few weeks before it started doing forced recals.

When you buy a salvage yard pack, you take a gamble.

Old 05-06-2015, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast
Cool Re: Replaced my 2006 Civic Hybrid Battery

So far as of May 06, 2015, I have a recent IMA light that came on about 2 weeks ago which turns my blood cold and biting my teeth.

Turns out it seemed like a false alarm. Apparently, I left my Accord Hybrid undriven for about 1.5 weeks in negative C temperature.

When the IMA, engine lights and battery lights all came on, I simply decided to reset the diagnostics by pulling out and disconnected the 12V battery...waited for about 20 seconds and plug back in.

Voila, all the IMA, battery and engine lights are gone and have been so for the past few weeks...so far.

Battery still running strong...I am getting about 9.4L/100kms now for the past 1000kms driven since mostly driving in the city. Looking good so far.

ECO mode is the most important part of keeping the Accord Hybrid in low fuel consumption. Assist only does very little...as all you Accord Hybrid G1 owners out there.

As I said before, if you need any tips to drive the Accord Hybrid to the most economical sense, let me know and I will see what I can recommend.

Hope the hybrid won't fail me....praying...

Old 05-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ted,

You like have a stick or two, or perhaps the whole pack with a high self-discharge rate. Now would be a very good time to look into grid charger maintenance.

Steve

Old 05-06-2015, 12:52 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks S Keith.

Can you explain what you meant? Are you saying it seemed my battery is having a high discharge rate than before...that my battery pack is showing excessive wear?

How can I do the Grid Charger maintenance? What do I need?