Vibration at constant speed

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Vibration at constant speed

Hello. I just purchased an '07 accord hybrid. Have 1700 miles on it.
Been averaging about 28 mpg and still getting used to the car. I love it!

However, I drive in a lot of rush hour traffic. 15-25 mph. on the verge of the turn off point for the engine. The car when at constant speed now vibrates as if it is in too high a gear and struggling or about to stall, but doesn't. It dissapears when accelerating or decellerating. This didn't happen for the first 1600 miles. (I have an appt. to take it in.) But wanted to see if any of you have had this problem?

Old 12-12-2006, 06:13 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Vibration at constant speed

Welcome to hydraulic self-adjusting valves and variable cylinder management! This is typically worse at lower speeds and at colder temps. I have an '06 HAH and it got worse from about 5-10k miles and is now stable. I took it in and was told it is normal. Check it out anyway on case your is something different. The HAH has special engine mounts in an attempt to absorb the vibration.

Old 12-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Enthusiast

Thank you. It has actually gotten better, but still happens at those speeds and when it is colder.

I was told it was normal.

Fortunately it is not loud, or does not happen all the time.

It does pose a bit of mental anguish however as you gave a better description than the "it's normal" I received.

Thanks
Mark

Old 01-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Enthusiast

I have had a similar problem. Check previous posts. My 06 HAH now has 10k miles on it, and the dealer has replaced the engine mount, the engine mount controller, and the car is in the shop today getting the wiring harness replaced between the engine mount and the controller. The problem for me is intermittent and when it appears, makes the car more or less unpleasant to drive. The dealer has documented on several occasions that the engine mount system has failed. The key for me is that when the car is in failure mode to drive directly to the dealer and have them look at it without turning off the car. If you turn off the car, the problem goes away and only reappears intermittently. For me, the problem is most apparent at 40mph in ECO mode with mild assist.

But again, this may be different than what you are experiencing. The dealer is able to replicate the problem, if I drive into the shop while the extreme vibration is happening. By extreme, I liken it to trying to start off in 3rd gear in a stickshift car.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 AM
Enthusiast

I had the same vibration problem.
It turned out to be the anti-vibration device when engine goes from 6 cyl to 3 cyl.
This anti-vibration unit is part of the front speakers.
It work with or without the stereo on.

It took my dealer over one year to find this problem.
Mechanics that did not experience this problem will not find it.

I don't think your car needed to replace engine mount twice .

Good luck, I hope my experience will help to get rid the annoying shakes and vibrations.

Regards,
Mike

Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

I'm noticing a slight vibe like the system cannot decide whhich mode to use at about those same speeds.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Enthusiast

Mike,

What did you do to fix this?? Did you simply replace the speakers?

Thanks!