When will Navigation System include traffic data?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Enthusiast
Default When will Navigation System include traffic data?

All,

I love my Accord and I love the nav. system, but I'm coming up on my 1 year anniversary and starting to want my nav. system to get smarter. I keep seeing ads for Tom-Tom and similar after market GPS nav. systems and they all seem to have integrated traffic rerouting capability.

I'm asking myself can/will Honda be able to add this sort of capability as an upgrade to a 2005 nav. system? My understanding is that everything that runs the nav. system comes on the DVD so I'm hoping that they could add traffic reaction stuff to the "operating system" on the DVD.

Anyone heard anything or have any idea if this is coming any time soon?

Thanks,
Wes

Old 07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: When will Navigation System include traffic data?

Originally Posted by weyus
I keep seeing ads for Tom-Tom and similar after market GPS nav. systems and they all seem to have integrated traffic rerouting capability.
If it's as you say, a traffic rerouting capability, then the HAH already has it! Press the "Menu" button. Then touch "Detour."

If you mean real-time traffic information, Acura already does that. It should be long before this option is available in the Honda line

Originally Posted by www.acura.com
Innovation means more if it can improve your driving experience. With real-time, up-to-the-minute traffic information delivered 24-hours-a-day to your navigation screen, you'll know about problems on your intended route so you can consider alternative paths that take you around the slowdown. AcuraLink™ data is delivered to the RL's navigation system* via XM NavTraffic, powered by XM® radio satellites, and employs a color-coding scheme to indicate flow rates, accidents, construction and pertinent weather issues. It'll even read the details aloud using the system's text-to-voice technology. This real-time traffic service is currently available in 31 major metropolitan areas.
* Navigation system available only in the 48 contiguous United States and Hawaii.
Yes, I agree. This would be a nice addition to the HAH Navi.

Old 05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: When will Navigation System include traffic data?

So fast forward to '12 and what's the scoop on the latest DVD? I have an 97 that's long in the tooth in FL...