XM Subscription - Renewing Soon? Read on!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default XM Subscription - Renewing Soon? Read on!

Several months ago, I decided paying for XM wasn't worth it, as most of the channels I listen to are now playing commercials or have an on air DJ that likes to talk a lot. A few months ago, I called XM to cancel. When they asked why I wanted to cancel, I told them $12.95 wasn't worth what I was receiving. So the guy said if I would stay a subscriber he'd give me three more months for free. And at that point, if I still didn't want it, I could call again and have it canceled. Well, my three months were about up, so I called XM again. Again I tried to cancel my service. Again they asked why. Again I told them it was too expensive. And again they tempted me to stick around. But this time, the guy offered me one year for $77. $77! Sure... I'll stick around.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: XM Subscription - Renewing Soon? Read on!

I've done the same thing for the last 2 years. Last year I had to go thru several overseas people before I got to a person in this country that could give me the $77 rate. The first time I stumbled on it like you did. I'm learning that you can bargain on many things that I never would have tried in the past.