Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Erroneous entries in the mileage database

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Erroneous entries in the mileage database

The icon for the Altima has no link (to either version of the database contents) from the Wiki page. Just an inert image.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Energy Independence

Great job cleaning the Database (and our site) up, Cars2007!

Did you use any of my suggested simple edits in the Lies... thread? Or even better ones?

Old 08-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by sward
The icon for the Altima has no link (to either version of the database contents) from the Wiki page. Just an inert image.
Fixed!

Originally Posted by gumby
Did you use any of my suggested simple edits in the Lies... thread? Or even better ones?
I'll take a look next week.

I fixed the bar graph on the Real Hybrid Mileage Database: https://www.greenhybrid.com/compare/mileage/

The imagemap that allows you to click a specific bar on the graph was broken, so I've disabled it. I will fix it, possibly as soon as next week.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Active Enthusiast

Glad to see the database is receiving a cleanup. Some of those entries for the TP's were way off.

How about removing the erroneous entries for the Saturn Vue Hybrid?
#1> Member: rwcmjack
Car Name: nedthelab
Car ID#: 5615
There is no such car as the 2006 Saturn Vue and there is no way you can get 43.8mpg.

#2> Member: lewij2133
Car Name: lewij2133
Car ID#: 5118
Given the fact that the Saturn has a 16.1 gallon tank there is no way you can fill up with 19.3 gallons at a range of 818 miles and get 42.4 mpg.

The best anyone has gotten to this point is 36.14mpg for the Saturn Hybrid Vue. The above clean up will yield even better ranges and more accurate standard deviations for the Saturn Hybrid Vues. Thanks

Old 08-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Site Founder

We'll look into those. thanks

Old 08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Registered Users

Originally Posted by gumby
Yep. The RMDB will not let you add a tank with wierd values (like the guy who apparently has a tank that can hold more fuel than a business jet.)

Old 08-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Energy Independence

Good. Field and cross edits are good. We ALL appreciate your efforts.

Old 08-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Some of your controls are already showing their value. A couple of days ago I entered 5 new tanks, after a very long trip. When I tried to save one of them I kept getting a pop-up telling me to enter a valid distance value. I started cursing at it, because it looked fine to me. Just as I was going to leave in disgust, it hit me: I entered an extra zero, making it a 5700 mile tank!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Site Founder

Perhaps we should change the messages to be a bit more informative. Something like "one or more of your distance values appears to be improbable" rather than "invalid distance"

Old 08-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Enthusiast
Cool Re: Erroneous entries in the mileage database

I am new to the GreenHybrid website. Just bought 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. Have noticed quite a few FEH's listed with mileages averaging quite a bit higher than the listed sticker mileage of 34 mpg. I am having trouble maintaining 31 mpg while driving in the green zone (very conservatively). I was wondering what factors affect city mileage estimates that don't involve a driver's driving habits. Some of these might be operating temperatures, fuel octane or producer quality, terrain, etc. Or are these errors in estimating mpg.

Quick Reply: Erroneous entries in the mileage database

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands