Website Questions & Input Suggestions and inquiries about Electric Vehicle Forums are welcome here.

Mileage database -- farthest on a tank

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

Jason, as long as you set it at 25 gallons, I'll be happy.

I do have a stock 25.1 (95 litres) tank on the Passat.

Maybe just apply this tank generalization to the hybrids...

Old 12-04-2004, 05:18 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Rammstein:

___The Insight can hold ~ 11.1 gallons without the Vapor recovery tubing being filled or ~ 14.1 gallons with. Honda lists the fuel capacity at just 10.6 gallons …

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 12-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Site Founder

Rammstein,
I'd have to take non-hybrids off for that record, completely. There'd be no way to make sure they don't contain multiple tanks.

Wayne, if there's so much variation, I don't see how I can make this automated.

Old 12-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Active Enthusiast

So then, don't make it automatic.

The member in question will have to email/pm you to get into the farthest on a tank page.

Could this work then?

Old 12-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Site Founder

No, it won't work. What everyone needs to realize is that 90% of visitors are NOT active like you all are. 90% of visitors will never bother to contact anyone else on these boards and 90% of visitors will not be able to contribute if the website is not automated.

This really is not something I'm willing to compromise on. We can discuss the best method to implement a new feature, but automation is the only way to go. If you doubt me on this, at least take my word that I know what I'm talking about. After all, I have to know something about this type of thing in order to build everything you see from scratch!

Old 12-05-2004, 03:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

What's the point of farthest on a Tank? My old motorhome had close to 150 Gallons of usable fuel and got 8 miles per gallon = 1200 mile range.

Miles/Gallon tells the real story. Yes it is interesting but only if you seperate out each model of vehicle into seperate classes. Prius, Insight, etc. since the tank size for each model is the same. Trying to compare a Prius with my motorhome doesn't compare, nor would it be fair to compare a Prius with an Insight.

my two cents worth.

Old 12-05-2004, 04:01 PM
Site Founder

The cars are separated. All except "nonhybrids." And, mileage is more important, of course, but some peoples' draws job [correction: jaws drop] when they hear how long they would be able to go without filling up.

Old 12-05-2004, 04:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

draws job ? (:>

Old 12-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Douglas:

___Have you seen the mpg’s of the automobiles hitting the record ranges The two are a match made in heaven!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 12-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Site Founder

Douglas,
The result of my typing at 100WPM. I type faster than I think, and sometimes it doesn't come out quite right =) It was supposed to be "jaws drop." Fixed.

Quick Reply: Mileage database -- farthest on a tank

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands